Saturday, May 14, 2011

Astros party, Acrobatics, and Playtime Fun

One of Connor's best buddies had his 5th birthday party at the Astros stadium in downtown Houston. It was so much fun and such a neat way to celebrate Brady's birthday. Here are some pics from the party including the birthday boy, Connor and Kaitlynn enjoying some birthday cake, all the party kids in the Astros dugout, and a pic of me with Benjamin's mom and Brady's mom on the Astros field.


Recently Kaitlynn has developed a new habit when brushing her teeth. She leans into the bathroom sink to rinse out her mouth with water, practically turning this chore into a feat of acrobatics.



I took the following pics at a local mall play area, one of my favorite ways to keep the kids entertained when we're out and about.


Another source of indoor entertainment: drawing and coloring. I have to keep the markers away from Kaitlynn for now because she tends to color on household objects. When she does manage to color on actual paper, she makes a single scribble and immediately hollers "Mama!" to show me her work, over and over again. Apparently she wants instant feedback.


I took this picture on my iPhone after Kaitlynn's bath this week. She was so tired that she fell asleep in my arms as she watched her bedtime show. She NEVER does this but she had missed her nap at Mother's Day Out that day because she was too busy patting all the other kids to sleep.


We've been lucky to have lots of playtime with Benjamin and Lily lately. I love this picture of the boys just chatting away. Benjamin was saying to Connor, "We're best friends, right?"


I recently discovered a new park and splash pad in our area that is really nice. We packed a picnic one day and the kids played for hours. So much fun!


And finally, here's a sure-fire sign of a successful playdate with friends:

5 comments:

  1. Janie (MeMe....Mom)May 14, 2011 at 6:52 PM

    Looks like lots and lots of fun going on down there! I must say that I'm really admiring K's outfits....she is one well dressed girl! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I think that last photo does tell the story! LOTS of fun has been had! I'm with MeMe, Kaitlynn is one well dressed young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have been very busy. Your mall play area and splash park looks like lots of fun. Sure do wish we were closer so that we could join you to play! I love Kaitlynn's bathroom gymnastics. Jackson does the same exact thing to turn on the water and wash hands/brush teeth. And don't you dare try to do it for him.

    I bet the kids had a blast at the Astros b-day party. What a neat idea.

    Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have been BUSY! Busy, busy, busy! Let the summer kickoff begin!

    I am sooooo jealous of the splash pad in your area. Oh my goodness - I would love to take Alex to one of those. I wish we could come for a visit and have him play with C and K. I just know he would get a kick out of it. And at the end of the day, he'd fit right into that last photo, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun times for the Courtright kiddos. Astros party, mall play area, splash pad, play dates with friends, bathroom fun...they are set aren't they!

    I sure do wish Jacob and Luke could be there playing with your two at the mall and splash pad. They LOVE both of those things! Glad you guys have had some fun things lately to keep them entertained. Because we all know what a chore that is sometimes! :-)

    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete