Monday, May 16, 2011

Collin's Senior Prom

Last Friday was Collin's senior prom. He and his girlfriend, Mica, were joined by several of their other friends and they all met at our house to take pre-prom pictures. It was so neat to see all the kids dressed up and looking beautiful! Collin's date, Mica, has been his girlfriend for several months. They make such a gorgeous couple!

For their big night, the group rented a stretch Hummer limo -- so cool! They went to dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant and then their prom was held at the Westin Galleria hotel. After prom, they attended their school's after-prom activities at the high school which lasted all night. Then the group went home for a little shut-eye before heading off to New Braunfels. They rented a cabin for the weekend and enjoyed floating on the river and fun at the Schlitterbahn water park. Today (Monday) is Senior Skip Day, so the group is just now heading back home. Just curious...did anyone else know that Prom Night has now become Prom Weekend?? I have to admit, seeing all the kids before prom and hearing about all the fun weekend plans...it made me super nostalgic about my own high school days and brought back so many neat memories!















4 comments:

  1. When I read this, all I can think is, "I'm not ready! I'm not ready! Not even sure I'll be ready in 16 more years!" And prom WEEKEND?! A. I will be worried sick about something happening. And B. How on earth do the kids afford it?

    All of that being said, this is a gorgeous group, and the whole idea of being with your friends for a weekend sounds like a blast. Oh the memories to be made!

    Seeing these pictures definitely takes me back. Such an emotion-filled time. Lots of joy and lots of sadness as one chapter ends and another begins. It's hard to believe so much time has passed since then. Hope Collin is soaking it all in while he can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Amanda said exactly what I was thinking. I'm SO not ready to even think about big kid things! You will be much more prepared than the rest of us because you will have been through it twice before we get there!

    I remember prom. Oh boy - that night started a VERY long relationship for me. It really was a special night and a very fun time. Remember Z-Club formal? Fun times! I still remember your pink dress! :-) Does take me back.

    So glad you guys got to participate by seeing the kids off on their special night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I need to say again how much I like your new blog set up. The pictures are so big and look great.

    What a fun night for Collin and his friends. Glad he got to enjoy it to it's fullest and make lots of memories that he will always remember. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Collin!! A big woo hoo! That is a great looking bunch of young people with all kinds of possibilities ahead! Salud!

    ReplyDelete