Friday, May 6, 2011

Mom's Munch

Yesterday Connor's preschool class held their annual "Mom's Munch" in honor of Mother's Day. It's such a special time for the Moms and the kiddos to share breakfast, admire the kids' crafts, and mostly just to enjoy a little extra one-on-one time in the kids' classroom. Connor was SO excited for me to join him in class.


Here's Connor with his sweet teacher, Mrs. Day. For some reason Connor acts quite shy around her and was embarrassed to have his picture taken!


Here's the entire class with Mrs. Day and Ms. Mory. Most of these kids will be graduating preschool this month and entering kindergarten in the fall. Wow.


Probably what I look forward to the most about this event is the question and answer page that each child completes about their Mom. It's just like the one they do in the fall for Dad's Night Out. Here's Connor's completed sheet (you can click to see the answers and picture more clearly.)


Can I just say, I am SOOO busted on the "quiet time" remark. Ha! It really makes me laugh out loud! Also, the picture he drew is of us at bedtime (he is on the top bunk with me on the lower bunk) reading a bedtime story. And can I just say, I LOVE his answer when he said I am so beautiful and he likes me so much. Sometimes I truly believe that I am so undeserving of all the love and affection he bestows upon me. I am a lucky, lucky Mom. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I always look forward to seeing what Connor says about you and Jeff. Too too cute. I love how honest he is. Wouldn't you love to be a pre-school teacher and hear all the funny things kids say about their parents? You sure are a lucky mom to have a little guy who loves you so very much. And you can tell his love is genuine. I think it's so sweet that he thinks you are pretty in a dress and would like to buy you some earings. I bet he's going to make some girl very happy one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read about Connor's "Mom and Me" and "Dad and Me" breakfasts I think to myself, "I can't wait until I have these with my boys!" Connor is absolutely precious with his unquestionable love for the two of you. His sweet honesty just melts my heart. I know that you will cherish the memories and those worksheets for years and years to come. You are one blessed momma indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Connor is the sweetest. He really is Lauri. He truly loves and adores both you and Jeff. I love his open, honest answers to these questions every year. So sweet and innocent. Precious, precious boy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all - I love the new blog look. That picture he drew is sooo cute!! Isn't it so great to be Loved so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Connor's comments! They are just the sweetest and always so accurate! He is a sweetie, that's for sure! You and your kiddos are very special, and you are very blessed on this Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete