Monday, May 9, 2011

First Swim of the Season

A couple of weeks ago, Connor decided he was ready to have his first swim in our pool for the season. We thought we'd let Kaitlynn give the pool a try, too, so we suited them both up and headed outside.


Jeff and I were shocked at what a little daredevil Kaitlynn was in the water. She had no concept of how deep or dangerous the water is for her. She would just walk off the ledge or slip into the water without any fear or concern at all. (Ms. Glendy, our survival swim instructor, is gonna have her way with Kaitlynn in a few weeks!)


Kaitlynn has this precious little bathing suit that I've been excited for her to wear since I bought it a year ago, but it kept slipping down and we had to keep telling her to put her goodies back in the jar. Ha!


The kids both wore themselves out with the first swim and took a snack break on the lounge chairs.


Mommy and Kaitlynn had matching red suits. :-)


On another day, Connor and Kaitlynn joined the Aasmyr kids for a fun time in the splash fountains at Discovery Green park downtown. I have to say, splash parks are my absolute favorite summer activity for the kids because they aren't as much work trying to keep K from drowning, plus Mommy usually doesn't have to put on a swimsuit, ha! Here's a couple pics from the splash park followed by a video of Kaitlynn running crazy into the water fountains. No fear, I tell ya!


4 comments:

  1. LOL! She will keep you on your toes around the pool!! No fear! Lots of summer fun in store. Yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!!! We can't wait for swimming around here. Jackson takes lessons in early June. I want to try out some of the splash parks this summer. I can't wait to hear how Kaitlynn does with Ms. Glendy. I'm betting it's going to be a fight for who is in power!!! Can't wait to hear all about your swimming adventures this summer. Your kiddos are lucky to have a pool right in their back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe it's already time for the pool! Summer temps are here! K looks adorable in that swim suit, adorable I tell ya! And somehow it doesn't really surprise me that she has no fear in the water. Seems to fit her little personality-haha! Glad you guys have a fun summer ahead with lots of pool time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex just finished his first swim lessons, but I'll tell ya, he wasn't nearly as brave as Kaitlynn. He didn't know what to think about a lot of it - especially if I stuck around to watch him and daddy in the pool. I had to make myself scarce most of the time so that he wouldn't cry. =( He did get a little graduation certificate, though, that was so cute. I hope that he'll get to enjoy some more pool time this summer, but I'm not sure how realistic that is given little Andrew's arrival...

    ReplyDelete