Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter Fun

Better late than never: I'm overdue for a post about our Easter celebrations this year. It was very low-key for the Courtrights. Believe it or not, I didn't buy a single Easter outfit for the kids nor did I even bother putting together our usual Easter baskets and egg hunt. The kids celebrated with their friends at school and church so I figured that was good enough!

On the morning before the kids' Easter parties, I tried to get a couple quick pics of the kids with their Easter baskets.


Kaitlynn's class at Mother's Day Out had an egg hunt first thing that morning. The Mommies didn't attend (so that the kids didn't get upset if they saw us) but Kaitlynn's teacher was so kind to take pictures for us. From the looks of it, K had a blast.


Later that afternoon, Connor's class had their Easter egg hunt. It was great fun! The big kids definitely turn it into a race rather than a hunt.


Not to forget the true meaning of Easter...our church showed this really cute and sweet video called A Very Special Sunday about the story of Easter and I found a copy on YouTube. We just loved it! Watch it and I promise you'll love it.

And finally, I just had to share this recent artwork by Connor. He drew it all on his own during his rest time on Easter Sunday, and it's a picture of Jesus dying on the cross. When I asked him to describe the picture for me, he told me that the men in red are the "bad soldiers" with spears who killed Jesus (notice their "angry" eyes), the brown circle is the rock in front of the tomb where Jesus was buried, the purple lines are the "path to heaven" and the gray structure shows all of the rooms in heaven. Just when I think he's overly focused on the Easter bunny and egg hunts...it's nice to see that he actually "gets" what Easter is all about.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that artwork is amazing. I love all the thought that he put into it. I'm very impressed not only with his artistic ability but his knowledge of the meaning of Easter. Great job Connor!

    Glad they had fun at their Easter egg hunts at school. I'm sure they got their fair share of candy there! Glad you guys had a blessed Easter all together! Love and miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen that video. Very cute. I love how the disciples called everyone on their cell phones to tell them about Jesus. And how the little girl's voice got louder and excited when she said, "He is risen!"

    Connor did a great job with his description of Easter. I'm impressed. He seemed to really get it!

    Looks like they had fun with their egg hunts. I hear you about too many egg hunts. Jackson had FIVE - church, home, grandparents, school, and family picnic for school. Geesh!

    I'm starting to get excited about your visit..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janie (MeMe....Mom)May 4, 2011 at 8:59 PM

    Looks like Connor and Kaitlynn enjoyed all the Easter activities...I missed all the Easter egg hunts this year!!!
    Connor seems to have a very deep understanding of the Real story of Easter! He's a very smart/sensitive 5 year old! Love, Mom/MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the pictures of the kiddos enjoying their egg hunts, but they are hard to top Connor's very detailed artwork of Jesus on the cross. Wow! That is amazing - right down to the "angry" eyes. He really thought of every little thing, didn't he? This one's a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love Connor's drawing! It is awesome! Moments like that - where you know the light is on "up there" - especially about Christian views, are really the best moments in life! Love it! The kids look precious in the pictures. They are so handsome/beautiful. Kaitlynn is getting so grown up! I just can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete