Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Morning at the Beach

We made a late decision on Friday night to head to the beach early Saturday morning. We knew it would be crowded due to Memorial Day weekend, but we figured if we went early enough that we could wear out the kids by lunchtime and call it a day. When we told Connor at dinner about going to the beach, he got so excited and exclaimed, "I've never been to the beach!" Jeff and I looked at each other and realized surprisingly that the last time we could remember going to the beach together was back in 2007 when Connor was a baby and we went to Hawaii.


We consider ourselves beach people so it was embarrassing to realize that Connor had no memory of being there and Kaitlynn had never been. Well, that settled it. We loaded up early Saturday morning and put a movie on for the kids during the drive. This was K's first time wearing headphones, and she did great for about 45 minutes.


We were on the beach before 9 am and it was great! It wasn't very crowded when we got there, and the weather was VERY windy so the waves were higher than I can remember ever seeing them. Both kids had no hesitation whatsoever about the sand and water.


Jeff and I had big smiles on our faces watching how much fun they had, again thinking, "Why haven't we done this before?!"


I've been working on taking better pictures lately, so I went a little camera crazy and took so many photos of the kids in the water. I was surprised how many I took that actually turned out nice (well, nice to me anyway) so I ended up posting all of them. Now begins the photo overload...


Our morning at the beach turned into almost an entire day. The kids didn't want to leave, but the beach was jam-packed by 2 in the afternoon. We headed home and resolved to make more frequent trips to the beach with the kids in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Such great pictures! Connor looks so big! Even though I see him regularly, I just can't get over how grown-up he is looking in pictures (and in person) these days! We headed to the beach today as well (invited by James' parents), and the boys had such a fun time! We need to make more day trips as well. I grew up going to the beach often - so it's ashame I don't take the kiddos more! So glad you all had such a nice time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun!!!! I love the picture of Connor in the water splashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are making me excited about our trip next summer! Kaitlynn looks so adorable in her swimsuit and Connor is looking so big these days. Looks like Jeff had fun too!

    You captured some really great photos! And I love the one of Connor when he was a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just tell you that as I was looking at your photos, I thought to myself, "These are fantastic!" And then I read that you had been practicing with your camera. You go girl! Keep up the good work!

    What a wonderful day - an impromptu trip to the beach. Those are the best kind of days, aren't they? It looks like the kids had a blast of a time. And I am so impressed at how brave they are in those waves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT photos!! And, a fun, fun day!!

    ReplyDelete