Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kaitlynn's Carseat Meltdown

We finally moved Kaitlynn into a front-facing carseat about a month or so ago. She was SO excited about her new carseat that I could barely put it together because she was climbing all over it. Everytime we picked it up and set it down again, she was right there to climb on in. When it was finally installed, she was one happy girl. For about a week or two, all I had to say was "Do you want to go for a ride in your new carseat?" and she would drop whatever she was doing and sprint out the door.


She still loves her carseat ("pah-see" as she calls it, I have no idea where she gets some of her pronunciations) but now everytime we strap her in she says "Tye" meaning tight, so we wiggle the straps and she's good to go.

Despite all the love for the carseat, that doesn't stop her from her typical toddler antics. The other day we were at a park and Kaitlynn didn't want to leave. Jeff had to use physical force to get her strapped in to her seat, and from there she proceeded to have a "big bad meltdown" as Connor called it. This is the kind of stuff that cracks me up, so I whipped out my phone and took a video. So for those that don't believe me when I say how naughty and what a mess Kaitlynn can be, here you go:

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Lauri, that is one of the funniest things ever! That Kaitlynn is going to give you a run for your money! Whew! I know the feeling, trust me! She is just so darn adorable when she pitches a fit! It's hard to take her seriously with those blonde curls and chubby cheeks! I can't wait to see how her little, or should I say big, personality develops as she gets older! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed she is going to give you a run for your money! I bet MeMe is laughing as she watches this little video. =)

    I am so impressed that you were able to keep the car seat backwards facing for as long as you did! Our pediatrician recommended that, too, but we caved shortly after Alex turned one. It will be interesting to see how things go with Andrew.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janie (MeMe....Mom)May 25, 2011 at 8:29 AM

    Yes, Amanda, MeMe and GrandDaddy did indeed laugh at the video....we do remember another little blonde headed girls with very "strong" ideas!!!! MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! That's awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, you tell sweet Kaitlynn that her Aunt Katherine will take her back to the park! :-) I think the funniest thing about the video is Connor's response and the look on his face. He looks very disturbed by it all! Gotta love these kiddos!

    ReplyDelete