Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When Dad's In Charge

Jeff was gracious enough to let me have some time to myself on Saturday without the kids. I did a little shopping and then decided to go to a restaurant by myself for lunch (believe it or not it's one of my favorite things to do). I managed to make it through the meal and then I ended up having a coughing attack and sneezing fit when I got back to my car. (I'm still trying to get over a bad cold.) Anyway, after that I just decided to go on home.

When I arrived, everything appeared just fine at first glance. I was impressed that Jeff managed to pick out an outfit for Kaitlynn and get her dressed after her morning nap.



But then when I looked a little closer, I noticed something was a little off. He managed to put her shirt on backwards without even realizing it.



His response? "Well, I saw the buttons and figured they were supposed to go in the front."

Can you tell he's still accustomed to dressing boys??

4 comments:

  1. When I took Alex to the doctor for his one month check-up, my mom pointed out a little boy who appeared to have his shirt on backwards. There were three buttons - much like Kaitlynn's - that looked like they belonged in front but they were on the back. My mom said, "I think they put his clothes on backwards and haven't figured it out yet." But when you saw the front, there was a little design that was indeed meant for the front. We got a good laugh out of the fact that both of us probably would have done just what Jeff did - buttons in front! =) I'm thinking he still gets brownie points for giving Momma the morning off! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you had some time to yourself. What a treat that is!! Major points to Jeff on this one, even if her shirt was on wrong. haha. That is too cute! The buttons do look right in the front, I have to say. Especially after dressing boys all these years when the buttons are ALWAYS in the front. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! I'm so glad you got some time to yourself. What a sweet picture of the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to Jeff for giving you some time and taking on 2 kids! I love the 2nd picture - the look on Jeff's face is priceless! Just think....before long, Kaitlynn will be telling him how to dress her! :-)

    ReplyDelete