Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just in Time for Super Bowl

Connor's love of football seems to be turning into an obsession. Since my last post about Connor the football fanatic, he has really developed an even greater love for all things NFL. Jeff noticed that when they recently went to Sports Clips for their haircuts, Connor was easily rattling off all the various NFL teams represented by the sports memorabilia all over the walls. Jeff was surprised by how many of the teams Connor recognized, without any help at all.

Then, Connor started asking me at home to show him all the NFL teams on the computer. What he meant was that he wanted me to show him pictures of the logos so he could name them. He knew way more than I did!

Finally, last week was the AFC-NFC ProBowl where all the various players wore their team helmets. It was like Connor was in heaven! He watched most of the 1st half of the game, naming all the various teams (and players, I might add) every time he saw their helmets. Ever since then, Connor has watched that football game (on DVR) every single night before he goes to bed. He just loves it.

So now, just in time for Super Bowl, I thought I'd share with you a little video of Connor naming off all the NFL teams. It's his favorite activity these days. Oh, and check out the nickname he has for the Cowboys, as well as his "favorite" pick for the Super Bowl.


6 comments:

  1. Great job, Connor! GrandDaddy and MeMe are VERY impressed with your NFL knowledge AND your loyalty to your team, the Houston Texans!!! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. Harry and I laughed so hard! You need to send that in to the network. Connor might actually get some air time on t.v.! Amazing!

    Clearly, our little Benjamin is "behind" in his football knowledge. We're doing good for him to know what football is! He's much more interested in Lazy Town, Imagination Movers, The Wiggles, etc.

    Who knows? Maybe Connor will play for one of those teams one day....God forbid it's the "Cowgirls"!!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next thing you know he'll be joining a fantasy football league and betting on squares!

    Now I have to ask - are you prepared for the likelihood that you are going to have a son who plays football? Cause I think it's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That is IMPRESSIVE, Lauri! I am a little worried that Conner may have insulted our gender with his "nickname" of da Boys. LOL! Very cute! And, pretty dang smart, too! I do appreciate his loyalty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, that is so cute! His little voice is so sweet. And I can't believe he knows all of those teams! Wow, he must really pay attention to all these games to be able to recognize the team just by the helmet! What a smart boy! He definitely has a passion for football, doesn't he? Like Amanda said, get ready for a Courtright football player in the future, near future that is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I'm pretty sure I could only name about 1/2 of those. I love how little kids get so excited about certain things and I wonder what Jackson will be into when he gets bigger??? I hope you guys are having fun watching the super bowl!

    ReplyDelete