Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not Quite Ready

The other morning I put Kaitlynn on the middle of the living room rug while I warmed up some milk for her.



It might have been about 30 seconds for me to walk into the kitchen, grab a bottle, and then come back to get her. And this was what I found.



Yep, she's on the move! And check out that look on her face, like she's laughing at me and thinking, "You can't catch me, Mommy!"

As much as I love this age, I admit I'm not quite ready for the next stage...crawling and getting into everything! After Connor passed the baby/toddler stage, we haven't worried much about babyproofing. Now I realize I need to start thinking about these things again...the gate at the top of the stairs, the outlet covers, the knife drawer.

My mother-in-law Judy told me this recently about having 2 kids: When her oldest child (Jeff) was learning to crawl/walk, she was right there clapping and encouraging every step of the way. But with the younger one (Chris), he would stand up to take his first steps and she'd gently set him right back down to discourage any progress! Ha! I think of that often because I can totally relate right now. I certainly don't want to slow her down, but I'm in no hurry for Kaitlynn to reach that next stage of crawling/walking like I was with Connor! Funny how different things are with the 2nd child.

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl, brace yourself. She is on the go and it won't be long before she is all over the place! I can't believe she is old enough to be scooting around like she is and crawling soon! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Courtney that the best time is when they are sitting up but cannot crawl yet. Jackson could sit and entertain himself for long periods of time and I got so much done. Once he was mobile that was all over! Of course, he was such a late crawler that I had about 5 months of the easy stage! You are about to be SUPER busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little girl is on the move!!!! I actually love that stage/age! It's the one after that when the challenges really start. Enjoy this phase, snap a lot of pictures, and keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete