Monday, February 15, 2010

8 months

Guess which little sweetheart turned 8 months old on Valentine's Day?



Yep, another month has flown by. Can I just say, I love this age! She is such a joy. She usually follows a good routine, is developing such a sweet personality, and delights us daily with precious smiles and the occasional laugh. She has also become very vocal and definitely lets us know when she's not happy!

Kaitlynn is spending a lot of time sitting up these days. She really enjoys playing on the floor with toys (mostly Connor's).



She's getting much better at her stability while sitting, but every once in a while she will throw herself backwards and slam her head into the rug. Check out those tears!



Lately she's been enjoying the high chair when we're out at restaurants. But she is at that age where she grabs at everything. Anything within her reach is fair game. And if she can grab it, it's going in the mouth!



Also at mealtimes, she seems to enjoy making noises and faces. She went through a spitting phase there for a few weeks but now she likes making fish faces.



She's still pretty picky with the baby food (except baby yogurt - LOVES that stuff) and definitely prefers her bottles. But I think she's going to give up the baby foods much sooner than Connor did. In fact, we've recently started giving her some table food like bread, bits of vegetables, and bananas, and she LOVES it. Her favorite thing seems to be pizza crust, mostly because she can gnaw on it with her little teeth.



I've also started giving her a sippy cup with water at mealtimes but she still mostly just plays with it. Sometimes I take the stopper out so that she'll get the idea to drink from the cup, but usually she just ends up soaking wet. She likes to chew on the spout because it feels good to her teeth and gums.





Speaking of teeth, Kaitlynn's bottom 2 teeth are now almost completely in and they have really transformed her smile.



Another recent development is that she is getting up on her knees and rocking back and forth. But I think she'll hold off on crawling for a while because she seems to get where she wants by rolling around all over the place!



And as Kaitlynn wrote herself last week, we've been working hard on making sure she is properly dressed and accessorized these days. Especially with her hairbows. The only problem is that now Kaitlynn has discovered these bows on her head and likes to yank them down around her neck. Guess we need to work on that for next month!

6 comments:

  1. So many wonderful and new things! She's growing up fast!

    I think she's pulling her hair bow around her neck because she's feeling a little naked without a necklace. A necklace would FULLY accessorize her outfit, and she's figuring that out, Mom!

    I love the fish face! Do you just laugh out loud when she makes it? That is hilarious! And I'm glad that the spitting phase seems to have passed - at least during the meals. That trick doesn't seem too funny to me when food is coming back at you! HA

    Her bottom two teeth look so sweet. Until you stick your finger in the mouth and they feel like weapons, right? Is she getting anymore yet?

    I'm so impressed that she's already starting on some table foods. I bet that pizza crust does feel goooood on the gums. And that sippy cup, too. (Along with every toy and object that's within reach.) Does she show any interest in holding her bottle on her own? I can't get Alex to do that for anything, and I keep wondering when that will come.

    She's cute as a bug in a rug. I can't wait to meet her! I'm so excited that she's going to brave the friendly skies with you to come and see us! =D =D =D =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I just can't believe that it's been 8 months since Kaitlynn graced us with her sweet presence! I say that like you had absolutely nothing to do with it...so let's give credit where credit is due. THANK YOU Lauri (& Jeff) for making such a sweet/cute baby for the rest of us to enjoy.

    She really is so precious, and I am so thankful that I get to see her somewhat regularly and spend time with her! I'm determined to make her love "her JuJu"! I think we're off to a pretty good start!

    She is such a good baby! Such a joy! You all are very blessed. So give that 8 month-old a sweet kiss from me! It's so nice to hear what she is accomplishing each step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun age. It's so fun to read all about her newest tricks. She is getting so fun! It's funny when I think back to your posts when she was one, two, and three months old. You were so tired and wondering how you would manage being at home. Now look at you oohing and ahhing over her. So so sweet. And it reminds me that the hard part only last a while! Gives me hope. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun she is! 6-12 months is my favorite. They can do so much and are just so sweet. Love that she in interested in some table food already. Looks like the perfect tool for those teething gums. And she looks like she is ready to take off and crawl any day now. It won't be long! :)I'm so glad you are enjoying her so much. What a blessing she and Connor are to you and Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The months seem to be just flying past! Your talking about how everything within her grasp is fair game for heading to her mouth reminds me of how lightening fast those little maneuvers can be!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauri - how do you make your you tube videos fit on the blogspot?? We have some You tube videos and I tried to put them on the blog, but it was too wide and cut off half the picture. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete