Monday, February 8, 2010

Movin' On Up

Kaitlynn surpassed the weight limit on her infant car seat quite some time ago, but we were waiting to get Connor a new car seat before moving her into Connor's old one. As you can see, it was time to move on up.



You can't really tell from the pictures but at times her feet were dangling off the edge. Not to mention that carrying her in the infant car seat was incredibly heavy!



As a frame of reference, here she was in the same car seat when we brought her home from the hospital. So hard to remember how small she was!



I admit, I was a little reluctant to move her to the bigger car seat. Every time we are out and about, I have to buckle her in, unbuckle her out, secure her in a shopping cart or high chair, buckle her back in, and then unbuckle her when we get home. Seems like a lot more work. But now that she's in the bigger car seat, it's not so bad.



She really seems to enjoy it, too. Makes her feel like a big girl, I think.



Here's Kaitlynn's first time in the car seat at about 7 months.



And here was Connor in the same car seat at about 5 months. (He had to move from the infant seat much earlier because he was so much bigger/heavier.)

5 comments:

  1. It's scary to think that it's been 7+ months since sweet Kaitlynn was born. In a way, it just seems like yesterday! She's such a big girl! And...Connor! Oh my gosh! I can't tell you how much I love seeing pictures of Connor when he was a baby. It reminds me all over again why I adored him so much - even before getting to know his sweet mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big girl. I don't think we put Jackson in the new seat until he was 1!!! Girl, I'm loving all the bows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the new car seat is a perfect fit! It's amazing to see how big she's gotten in such a short amount of time. Cherish every moment, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big girl you are Kaitlynn. I remember dreading the switch over too with both boys. Such a pain compared to popping the infant carrier in and out. But you're right, once they are switched over, it really isn't that bad. I do love seeing the newborn picture of her, so so tiny! What a great comparison. Before too long, she will be facing forwards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her big girl seat is so very attractive! Needs to be to go with that girl!! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete