Thursday, February 11, 2010

Being a Girl

by Kaitlynn Courtright

Being a girl is hard work. There's just so much to consider when getting ready each day. Let me tell you all about it.



First and foremost, the outfit.

When my big brother Connor was a baby, he could wear the same cute little outfits over and over without it being a big deal. But for a girl, that just isn't acceptable. Especially when my Mommy takes so many pictures of me. I just can't be seen in the same get-up all the time. Shudder the thought!



The next thing you have to worry about is footwear. Unfortunately, my feet are a bit too pudgy right now to fit in any shoes. But no worries, because some genius (probably another Mommy) out there invented these nifty little tights that look like you're wearing ballet slippers and these will pass just fine for footwear.



Then, of course, there's the hairbow. Hairbows are a necessary accessory to any girl's outfit. My Mommy thinks that since I have such plump cheeks, I need to wear the biggest bows she can find. Little bows would just get lost in all these cheeks.



Sometimes baby girl outfits can just get so complicated with all these things to consider. Take this little number for example.



There's the romper, the white shirt underneath, the white tights, the hairbow, and of course, a-hem, the diaper. So many pieces to keep up with!



What's a girl to do??

On a side note, I still wear the occasional hat, although sometimes it's difficult to find one in a coordinating pattern. In this case, I think my Mommy went a little overboard on the leopard.



In case you can't tell, my Mommy has been trying really hard to make sure I'm presentable in all the incessant many photographs she takes. Even when I visited the doctor recently, she got me all dressed up.



Of course, then the doctor felt the need to comment on my hairbow. He called it a "brain squisher." Sigh. Men!

Speaking of men, that's a whole other issue. I have a Daddy and 3 brothers who think it's so much easier to forego some of my girlie accessories. For some reason they think hairbows are just a bunch of trouble. But let me explain why the accessories are so important. A few weeks ago I was out with my Mommy wearing this.



Some stranger came up to us and said, "Oh, how cute! How hold is he?" Imagine my humiliation! If only I'd been wearing my hair piece, there is no way anyone would mistake me for a boy!



See? 100% girl, without a doubt!

Anywho, we're going to keep practicing on all this girlie stuff and one of these days we'll get it all figured out.

Maybe next time, I'll write about how to steal a man's heart. Yeah, I think I might know a thing or two about that.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my.....now this is a cute post! You go girl, Kaitlynn! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is so stinking cute. This girl is going to cost you a fortune when she is a teenager! If I have a girl, I am going to have to buy some of her bows and precious outfits from you! LOVED this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, what a fun post!

    It does take a lot being a girl, doesn't it Kaitlynn? Just wait, when you get older it gets even more complicated...more accessories to coordinate with the outfit...jewelry, purses, etc., make-up, then boys come into the picture! It looks like you are preparing mommy and daddy now, which is good. With all those boys in the house, someone had to do it! :) You get more precious in every post and that smile just keeps getting sweeter! We will find out in about a month if you will have another boy or a girl Webb cousin. If it is a girl, she (and her mommy) will need lots of girlie pointers! And we will look to you! Meanwhile, keep up the good work. You look so cute! Btw, my favorite outfit is the blue one. I love blue on girls!

    Love,
    Aunt Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! Cutest post ever! I love it! And....let's face it....sweet little Kaitlynn is learning all too early how much work it truly is to be a girl!!!! If only we were all as cute as Kaitlynn after working so hard each morning! (OK, you see me often when I don't work hard - heck, I don't work at all....but you know what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you say cha-ching? LOL! Just wait until she is a teenager! LOL! No, on second thought, the cha-chings count now, too! Love the last photo. Great post, Lauri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the smiles!!!! it won't stop either -- you should hear maggie talk about how "ugly" her hiking boots are and how her long underwear are cast-offs (going to big bend next week and it'll be cold!).....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you've got this girl-thing down pat, Miss Kaitlynn. I am so impressed that you let your mommy put all of those clothes and accessories on you. Your friend Alex could never do it if he was a girl. He's way too wiggly. I'm really impressed that you got all dressed up to go to the doctor, too. You go, girl - keep your mommy on her toes!

    ReplyDelete