Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Smiles

I have been trying and trying to capture Kaitlynn's sweet smiles the past few weeks. Everytime she was in her smile mode, I would quickly run to get my camera. Then I would point it at her and wait for the mood to strike. Unfortunately she's on to me and everytime she sees the camera she gets this serious expression that says, "Hey, I know that thing. It flashes at me and I don't like it!" I think I've used up 3 or 4 sets of camera batteries just waiting for the perfect smile on this kid. Luckily I finally got some shots last week, but I'm still waiting to be able to capture her precious wrinkled-nose smile that just melts me every time.


And just for fun, here are some pics of Connor's first smiles 3 years ago. What do you think, do he and Kaitlynn look alike?

5 comments:

  1. Awww, look at sweet Kaitlynn. I love those smiles. I'm glad she finally gave into the camera! haha And yes I do think she and Connor look alike. Of course the cheeks are the same but I think their eyes are the same shape. How fun that they are going to resemble each other! I hope you are doing better, I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two could be twins! Love the sweet smiles. Good job on the speedy shutter, Lauri! Persistence always pays off! LOL! Enjoy those baby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smiles are always so hard to get, aren't they? Alex only gives us one every once in a while, and I don't think they make a camera that shoots fast enough to catch it! I'm so impressed that you've managed to capture so many so far. Ok, I thought Kaitlynn and Connor resembled each other, but when you put these photos side by side, they could seriously be twins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I cannot believe how much they look alike. I can't wait to see if she grows up to look like him. I wonder if she'll have those precious curls. And how fun it will be when you don't have to cut them!

    Those sweet smiles sure do make the sleepless nights a little less difficult. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaitlynn looks so much like Connor when he was a baby! So sweet! She is such a sweetheart. If she is half as sweet as Connor, she'll be one sweet girl! Julie

    ReplyDelete