Sunday, August 16, 2009

Florida Vacay (part I)

We are having a great time on our vacation in Florida with Grandpa and Grandma Courtright! We are staying with them in their retirement community called The Villages near Ocala, Florida. We love visiting every summer and enjoying the laid back lifestyle. We don't make any plans; we just wake up each morning and decide what sounds fun to do that day. So relaxing! So far the gang has been boating, golfing, swimming, and enjoying lots of golf cart rides around the community. We also managed a stop at the Florida State Fire Academy where Justin (Jeff's brother) is training to be a firefighter. This weekend the guys are going to go with Cap'n Dan out into the Gulf for some fishing, and we'll probably enjoy some more pool and golf time before heading back on Tuesday morning. Here are some pics of our trip so far.

Grandpa Jerry and Kaitlynn.

Kaitlynn snoozing with Kevin.
Kaitlynn admires her big brother.
The boys had to wear hats on the boat.
Now it's Collin's turn with Baby K.
I'm seeing a pattern here...
The Courtright guys tour the Fire Academy.
Grandma Cheryl and Kaitlynn.
She loved walking around outside.
I thought this was a funny sign on the entrance of one of the burn buildings.
Kevin walks Kaitlynn into the dark building.

Here's a great story from this week I wanted to share. There is a wedding photo of Jeff's cousin in the room where we're sleeping this week. Connor has been admiring the picture and has asked several times what the picture is about. I've explained to him that the picture shows the couple at their wedding.

"Why?" Connor asks.

"Because they got married," I replied.

"But why did they get married?" he asks.

I explained, "Sometimes when people love each other they get married. Like I married your Daddy because I love him."

He seemed to ponder that and then dropped the subject. The next day, Connor and I were cuddling and he was being very affectionate with me. Out of the blue, he asks, "Mommy, are YOU gonna get married?"

"I'm already married," I replied. "I got married to your Daddy. Remember?"

"But," he says dejectedly, "I wanted you to get married to me."

Connor and Mommy.
Mommy and Daddy.

6 comments:

  1. Awwe. Connor's story about wanting to marry his mommy is so sweet. Everybody told me that little boys love their mommas! =) Hope you were able to fit in a nap or two with all the other fun activities you guys have had going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics and great stories. Have fn with Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a WONDERFUL vacation time!! My favorite part is Conner's proposal! =) Too sweet for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story Lauri! Connor loves his mommy! That will be a fun story to remind him of when he is a teenager! :) I bet Connor loved seeing the firehouse! I'm glad you guys are having a great vacation. It sounds so nice and relaxing, just what the doctor ordered, huh! You guys look great and so does Kaitlynn! She is getting so big! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun. Thanks for sharing the sweet story. Looks like you guys are having a great time. I hope you are able to sneak in a few naps while you are there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and equally wonderful stories! I have a secret for you "young woman"....little boys continue to love their Mothers a lot! MOM :)

    ReplyDelete