Sunday, August 2, 2009

Haircut Day

Yesterday was haircut day for the Courtright boys. I thought it was so cute that they were all going at once so of course I whipped out my camera.

Before...
During...

and After...

I admit that many times when I force the boys into pictures they get pretty frustrated with me. They just don't share my same zest for photos and don't understand why I feel the need to take so many pictures all the time. I tell them that one day they'll really appreciate these pictures and thank me for them. Jeff tells me that they probably won't appreciate all the ca-zillion photos I take, but you just never know which 1 or 2 will become very special for them. So, it's my mission to make sure they have as many to choose from as they can!

This morning at church, the pastor briefly discussed the differences of birth order and how the firstborn's experiences are different from the middle as well as from the baby of the family. Usually a parent will take a thousand pics of the firstborn and maybe have 40 of the 2nd child if they're lucky. I'm glad I haven't (yet) fallen victim to that, because I still whip out my camera every chance I get. And I told Collin that I have YEARS of photos to make up for with he and Kevin. Ha!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! They WILL appreciate it one day. Love the hair cuts.

    I always admire what a dedicated and involved step-mom you are. I think that will be appreciated one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I for one appreciate all of the photos. We love to keep up with ALL the boys - and the precious little girl. =) I say keep snappin' the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures! They WILL apprecitae the pictures, one day for sure! You are doing a great job in all that you do for your family!You are having a big impact on all the kiddos, they are lucky to have you! Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete