Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kaitlynn Update

Kaitlynn had her 2-month checkup yesterday. With shots. I had been preparing myself for her to cry and scream like crazy, but surprisingly she did great! There were 3 shots, and by the 3rd one her face was bright red as she worked herself up to a huge scream. But after that scream, she took her paci and calmed right down. And less than a minute later, she was giving me smiles and coos again! It was a different story later in the day, though. She was very fussy and at times inconsolable, poor thing. Everytime we picked her up or touched her, she just cried miserably. I felt so bad!

Here are her stats: Height - 22 inches (50th percentile), Weight - 13 pounds (95th percentile), and Head - 90th percentile (can't remember the measurement). I think they messed up her height measurement because it was the same at her 2-week checkup, so I suspect she's longer/taller than that. Nevertheless she is growing like a weed!

The doctor immediately addressed K's huge belly button (umbilical hernia). I was surprised to learn that the condition is not hereditary, despite Connor also having it when he was a baby. But just like his did, K's belly button should go down soon leaving her the same little wrinkled-skin button like her brother's.

The other topic I discussed with Dr. Pope was Kaitlynn's sleeping. He always gave great advice to us to help us with Connor's sleep habits. At 2 months and 13 pounds, Kaitlynn should be well on her way to 8-hour stretches at nighttime. But no luck so far. Every other night or so, she'll sleep 6-7 hours but I'm ready for it to be longer and more consistent. At the doctor's advice, I'll wait until she's 3-4 months and then we have to start the "tough love" to get her to sleep 12 hours at night.

Here are some sweet pics of our baby girl.


Thought I'd try to get a shot of her "mad" face.
Here's Connor's same mad face from 3 years ago!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on our baby girl! Poor baby ....with those nasty shots! I love the pictures...especially the comparison with Connor....so sweet! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure they're not twins separated by 3 years????? Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how much she and Connor look alike! WOW! You better make sure and label your pictures carefully! :) I'm glad to hear she got a good checkup. She is growing so much! You must have magic milk for both of them to have been so plump! I love it! So healthy! I'm impressed she is already doing 6-7 hour stretches some nights, that's great! I hope things are getting easier for you. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to the "mad" face - I've seen quite a few of those these days. And I am so hoping to have one of those sweet smiles of my own soon. =) Glad to hear her checkup went well. Oh, and I'm super jealous of the 6-7 hour stretches of sleep. I long for the day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, sweet, sweet girl! Love the beautiful smiles. And I continue to love the Connor/Kaitlynn comparisons. If I didn't know better I'd swear they were twins! And yes, I remember the mad face! I saw a LOT of that back in the day, for sure! Hoping she just starts sleeping longer and longer for you.

    ReplyDelete