Monday, August 24, 2009

Houston, We Have a New Driver

It's official. Collin is a fully licensed driver now! We bought him his first car, which if you ask me is super nice for a first car. (It's a used Volvo S60 sedan.) He was very excited about getting his license and car ready just in time for the new school year. And it'll be a huge help having an extra driver in the family considering all the boys' before and after school activities. I admit it's been a little strange to see Collin driving away all by himself for various errands. But so far he's proving himself to be a responsible driver and we're hoping this continues. By the way, I always knew it was expensive to insure teenage male drivers, but OMG!! It costs more to insure Collin than it does for Jeff and I combined with 2 vehicles!

Collin and Connor show off Collin's new ride.
Collin spent all day Sunday cleaning his car for his first day of school.

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Still have 4 years until Maggie drives, meanwhile I get to put MORE mileage on my car.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I LOVE the car - those have always been one of my favorites. He's a lucky boy. I hope he continues to be a responsibile driver! No talking or texting while driving! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a "sweet ride"! I'm sure that you'll have plenty of help with errands...at least for a while! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look out Houston, is right! haha! Congrats to Collin, that is an exciting time to start driving and getting your first car! I know he must be excited! And hopefully a big help to you and Jeff! Hope he continues to be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I remember the excitement of getting a license. And the embarrassment of driving Nellie. (My mom is sitting next to me, and she just elbowed me for saying that since it sounds like I'm ungrateful.) =) I'm a little jealous of Collin's ride - so nice! Glad you'll have a little help running errands and the rest of the family to and fro.

    ReplyDelete