Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Spring Photos and Updates

Here's a random assortment of photos and updates from the past couple of months.

I posted a previous update about Amanda's baby shower held in Dallas on Mother's Day weekend. After the shower we all went out for Rudy's barbeque and had a nice visit. The kids especially had a great time monkeying around, and we managed a couple photos (although with this many kids it's impossible to get them all looking at the camera at the same time!)

Jacob, Luke, Connor, and Jackson

I love this one of Connor and Jacob.

And here's another one of them sharing a snack.
We stayed at Dana and Laine's house the weekend of the shower, and it was the first time Connor had ever slept in an adult bed by himself. He did great and fell fast asleep, only to be rudely awakened at 3 am by yours truly. He woke me up, saying "Mom, you're making a sound. It woke me up." And then he preceded to imitate the sound...of my awful snoring! Yes, I am a 3rd trimester snorer and even managed to awaken my toddler from his heavy slumber! He hasn't let me forget about it ever since. (Of course, I blame it on his baby sister!)

Connor sound asleep in the guest bed. That gray lump is one of Jackson's teddy bears that Connor latched onto and hasn't been without ever since! He refers to the bear as his baby.

Also on Mother's Day weekend, the entire Morgan family was together for the cousins' spring birthday party. We took a family photo which is probably the first and only one of this group in MANY years! (By the time I got my camera out, Ryah had managed to work her way into the picture!

Morgan clan

Back at the Courtright house, we've had a busy spring with all the various activities with all 3 boys. Collin has been busy with drivers ed, swimming, water polo, and lifeguard training. Kevin recently completed his Lutheran confirmation at church and is also actively involved in spring and summer swimming. And since the weather has been warmer we've all been enjoying the backyard pool.

Here's a cute picture of the boys reading together with Connor.
I love this picture of Jeff and his boys on the night of Kevin's confirmation banquet. To be confirmed in the Lutheran faith is a significant rite of passage for teens, marking their recognition as a full member of the church and their ability to take communion. Embarking on the 2009 inaugural swim! And let me say the water was COLD!
Jeff, Connor, and Kevin enjoy their swim.
Kevin showing off his perfect jack-knife form!

And here's Connor wearing Jeff's fishing hat before one of our nightly swims. His hands are obediently placed behind his back because the first time I took the photo, he appeared to be grabbing his private area! Ha!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the updates. I'm so glad Connor loves the teddy bear! It's good practice for him to love on his "baby" before his baby sister gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet pictures. I love the ones of Connor and Jacob. And what fun for you guys that all of your siblings were together at Jeb's house. I bet your parents loved that! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the "random" photos!! The boys just make me smile; they seem to be having such a fun life!!

    ReplyDelete