Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Daddies out there, including my own Dad and of course my husband Jeff! With all the chaos in our house these days, I wanted to make sure that the meaning of today didn't get overlooked. So here are a few words to express my appreciation for the father of my children.

One of the very first things I remember learning about my husband was that he already knew what he wanted written on his epitaph. That may sound strange to some, but there was something so intriguing to me about this. Imagine, knowing exactly what you want the outcome of your life to be in words. For Jeff, it was simple: "Great husband, great father, and great friend." That's it. That's all he's ever wanted out of life. In those few words, it may seem like such an easy goal to reach. But those of us that participate in the daily juggling act of marriage, children, work, finances, etc. know all too well how difficult it is to be great at one thing, much less many things.

On this Father's Day, I want my husband to know he is not just GREAT. He is AWESOME! Jeff is my constant companion, my emotional support, my personal handyman and Mr. Fix-It. He is one of the most selfless people I know, always wanting to make others happy, sometimes even foregoing his own desires in the process. As a father, he is one of the most hands-on and active Dads I've ever known. He takes such an interest in his kids and their unique traits and gifts, and he never shies away from any fatherly responsibility. No matter how busy, overworked, or exhausted he is, he makes a strong effort to attend every swim meet, bike ride, or other event that his kids are participating in. He is an incredible provider for our family and sacrifices tirelessly in so many ways in order for our needs and wants to be met.

Jeff, you are and always will be our great husband, great father, and great friend. Happy Father's Day! We love you!

Jeff and his 4 kiddos on Father's Day.

Celebrating at home with a yummy ice cream cake!

I love this Father's Day picture of Jeff and his baby girl.

Now it's my turn.

Collin feeds Kaitlynn a bottle. It's so neat that Collin and Kevin have taken such an interest in Kaitlynn - they always want to hold her and see what she's up to!

I can't resist taking pictures of her when she's sleeping - she looks so sweet and peaceful. I love this picture because she reminds me so much of Connor at that age, and her cheeks look so plump!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day, Jeff! You have quite the extraordinary crew. Love getting to see the family pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a great day. I can't believe how great you look. It took me about a month before I had it together enough to wear make up!

    ReplyDelete