Sunday, June 14, 2009

Birth Day Update #1

It's 9:00 am and we are officially settled into our delivery room at the hospital. My doctor checked me first thing and I was still at 3 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. They have now loaded me up with Pitocin so the contractions should start picking up a bit.

As expected, I'm pretty tired this morning after not getting much sleep. Certainly I was feeling a bit anxious about today, but mostly I was unable to rest because I was up and down all night checking on Connor. Yesterday afternoon he began sounding very hoarse, and then he developed a croup-like cough by late evening. All night long he was struggling with his cough and he sounded like a barking seal! He also began complaining of a tummy ache and was bending over as if he was in a lot of pain. Poor baby! We immediately worried about appendicitis because Kevin had it when he was younger.

Luckily Grand Daddy is here and will be taking Connor to the doctor this morning. I wrote up a list of questions for him to ask the doctor... Is Connor contagious? Can he come visit his newborn sister in the hospital? Is he showing symptoms of appendicitis? Hopefully his croup isn't serious and his tummy ache is just a passing thing. It's definitely not great timing, but I'm praying the doctor can fix him right up!

I'll come back and post another update when there's something new to report. In the meantime, here are my very LAST pregnancy pictures!

Last night after dinner.

This morning at the hospital before checking in.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - you look great for a girl about to give birth! I'll send up an extra prayer for poor Connor. What terrible timing! I'll check back for updates after church...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You look great! Can't wait to get more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Conner is all better!

    YOU LOOK GREAT! Can't wait for further news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last few pregnancy pictures! You look great! So sorry to hear about Connor. Hopefully it will pass soon!!

    ReplyDelete