Monday, June 15, 2009

More updates on Kaitlynn

First of all, let me say...Happy Birthday, Kevin! Today he turns 14 and he's quite bummed about having to be in summer school on his actual birthday. But at least he had a fun birthday party last week!

My first night with Kaitlynn in the hospital went fine. I really didn't want to send her to the nursery, but I was so exhausted that it was the right thing to do. The nurses brought her back every few hours for feedings, but she was sleeping so soundly that she really didn't want to nurse. I slept on and off but am still pretty tired this morning. The doctor says that Kaitlynn and I will stay here in the hospital until tomorrow around lunchtime and then we can be released to go home.

Kaitlynn is doing great! Besides being very sleepy, she is trying to nurse every few hours (still working on it) and she'll have a little bit of alert time in between. Her head full of blond hair is precious! The doctors have looked her over completely and have declared her "perfect" which of course we already knew! :-) She has also already passed her hearing test with flying colors. It's been so amazing to both Jeff and I that despite months of worry about Kaitlynn's health, the moment she arrived everything was fine. We feel incredibly blessed, not only that God has given us our precious healthy daughter but also because we have such wonderful family and friends who have surrounded us with thoughts and prayers throughout these past few anxious months.

I'll probably write another post soon with all the details from Kaitlynn's birth. In the meantime, enjoy this next round of pics!

Daddy and his little girl

Big brother Kevin holds his sister for the first time.

Now it's Collin's turn. They are both such naturals.

And big brother Connor loved his shirt from Baby Kaitlynn. He is still recovering from the croup virus so unfortunately he can't get too close to her right now.

Grand Daddy with Kaitlynn.
Kaitlynn came back with a cute cap after her first bath.

Sleeping soundly. In this picture I can really see her resemblance to Connor.
Here's a picture without her cap.
Look at all her blond hair!

8 comments:

  1. Lauri- she is so beautiful! She IS perfect! I'm so happy for you guys that everything turned out fine with her! What a blessing and an answer to prayers! You are blessed with a beautiful baby girl! I'm glad the night went well. Hopefully she will wake up a little and start eating! :) I'll check back for more updates later! I have to say after seeing her pictures, you are giving me baby fever!! I'm sure it will pass soon though! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, she DOES look like Connor! guess those morgan genes are pretty strong, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlynn is so wonderful. I am so happy for you and Jeff. You have a beautiful family! Brings tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say that both mother and baby are beautiful! If we could all go through pregnancies and deliveries and look like Lauri the next day, our husbands would be very happy! You are all so blessed! Please send Connor hugs and kisses from Benjamin & Timothy! Love to you all and your perfect baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratultions! She looks so sweet! So glad she is healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God really is so good, isn't He? I'm sending up prayers of thanks and praise that He's answered all of our collective prayers. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture with the green cap. How sweet. Can't wait to see some big bows on her head. I'm planning a visit once things settle down and you are ready. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauri - Praise God for a beautiful and healthy baby girl! She is absolutely precious! I'm so thankful to hear that everything turned out so well. Can't wait to hear more about her! Love, Wendy

    ReplyDelete