Friday, May 29, 2009

Pregnancy Update

On Sunday I'll officially be in my 37th week of pregnancy. Wow. In some ways it has flown by and in others it has dragged on and on. Here's the latest update on our situation.

I began having contractions at 33 weeks along. By 35 weeks, I went to the doctor and discovered I was already 2 centimeters dilated. I had been having some other symptoms so I wasn't surprised! I was hoping to keep working through the end of May, but I ended up taking my doctor's suggestion to go on work restriction in order to try to slow down the progress a bit. I wasn't put on bed rest, but the idea was to take it easy and hopefully allow the baby to grow a few more weeks before she was ready to make her debut. So my last day in the office was last Wednesday and I've been at home being extremely lazy ever since!

I'm happy to report that the work restriction really seems to be helping, because my contractions have lessened significantly and I was still only 2cm dilated at my appointment this week. The only new development is that the baby has dropped, meaning that she has moved much closer to the position she'll need to be before delivery. I continue to have occasional contractions and other symptoms, but I'm convinced I have at least 2-3 more weeks before her arrival is imminent. My doctor has said that she'll send me to the hospital for induction at either 39 weeks along or when I reach 4cm dilated, whichever comes first. So my best guess is that baby girl will make her appearance sometime between June 10 - 17. Only time will tell!

Our latest sonograms and biophysical profiles of the baby have gone great. She passes all the tests and seems to be "happy" based on her movements. One fun finding is that she appears to have lots of baby hair along the top and back of her hair! I LOVE newborn hair, so I've already packed some cute hairbows in her hospital bag!

Here's a belly shot at 36 weeks along. Everyone I encounter tells me I look really small for 9 months, but I sure don't FEEL small!

3 comments:

  1. I think you look great. Take every moment you have to be lazy right now because we both know what's coming soon. :-) I have to admit, I'm a tad jealous of the hairbows you are going to be able to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things have slowed down for you and that you've made it to 37 weeks! That's great! She will be here so soon, I can't wait! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauri, you are beautiful. And, I am with Dana; I'm a tad bit jealous of the hairbows, too. =) We will have to live vicariously through your and your baby girl! =)

    ReplyDelete