Thursday, June 11, 2009

38 Weeks and None to Go!

Yep, that's right! Hard to believe but this is my very last week of pregnancy. First thing Sunday morning, Jeff and I will be heading to the hospital to have our baby girl!

Here's the latest update from this week. I'm still having contractions and a lot of cramping these days, but still nothing in a regular pattern. At my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I had progressed a little bit and was dilated to 3 centimeters. The baby is low but not as low as Connor was at this point. My doctor seems to think that this delivery should be very smooth, especially since the baby is supposed to be smaller than Connor was 3 years ago. My labor and delivery with Connor was only about 7 hours start to finish, so I think that will be hard to beat!

When we get to the hospital on Sunday morning, I'll be hooked up to Pitocin to try to stimulate my contractions into a regular pattern. After the doctor sees some progress, they'll probably manually break my bag of water. Oh, and the good news is that I can ask for the epidural at any time. Here's hoping that this time around it actually works!

I am extremely thankful to have several visitors pitching in to help us this weekend during the delivery and after the baby's here. Jeff's brother Justin is driving in from Florida and will be staying with us for a few weeks. He's just coming to visit and hang out with us, but he'll be a big help with the boys when we need a hand. And my parents are also coming in this weekend to be here for the delivery and to help out with Connor. My mom will be with us in the delivery room which will be a huge comfort and help to us both. They've also offered to take Connor home with them for a while after the baby is here to allow me some one-on-one time with her while she's still really young. So for now I feel that we've got a good plan for the first few weeks.

I plan to take my computer to the hospital so that I can post updates and pictures throughout the day on Sunday and during our hospital stay. Of course, it all depends on how smooth the delivery goes, but be sure to check in often to get the latest! And thank you in advance for all your thoughts and prayers!!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you all Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Lauri! I'm sooooo excited for you guys! I can only imagine how you must be feeling. To finally be able to meet your little girl! I'm going to try to call you today to wish you well. My prayers are with for a speedy and healthy delivery on Sunday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Baby Girl will be in my prayers on Sunday and I will be watching for blog updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about Baby Girl's arrival. I'm so proud of her for staying in your tummy so long. I can already tell she's a fighter!

    ReplyDelete