Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We're All Home!

It took us longer to get released from the hospital today than we expected. The baby doctor came in around 10am and said that Kaitlynn needed a renal sonogram (of her kidneys) due to her 2-vessel umbilical cord condition. Many babies with 2-vessel cords have kidney or other organ issues, and since the doctors couldn't find her prenatal ultrasound kidney report (which we remember checked out just fine), they just decided to do another quick one today. The preliminary sonogram results were perfectly healthy, but it took the doctors many additional hours to finally release us. They were also a little worried that Kaitlynn is so sleepy and not feeding well, but we're hopeful that she's making some progress little by little. Her birth weight was 6 lbs 13 oz, and today she was down to 6 lbs 5 oz so we're going to take her to the pediatrician on Friday to make sure she's not losing much more weight.

In addition to baby Kaitlynn's first night home, we also have several visitors including MeMe and Grand Daddy, Uncle Justin, and Uncle Ben. It's so nice to have all the help! I admit I'm pretty exhausted and am hoping for some decent stretches of sleep tonight, but of course that all depends on Kaitlynn's feeding demands tonight!

Kaitlynn's burp face

Jeff feeds her a little milk. Dressed up in her going home outfit. Sweet kiss from Dad. About ready to leave the hospital. Couldn't resist trying on the pink bow! Time to go home! She looked TINY in the infant carseat! Connor finally gets to hold his baby sister at home. Her look in this picture cracks me up, like she's giving me the evil eye!
Kaitlynn with Uncle Justin. Now with Uncle Ben. She sleeps in her pack and play in the living room. Sweet angel!

7 comments:

  1. For the first time I can see how tiny she is! Oh my goodness! Hope she'll start waking up and eating more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie: You all look GREAT! I can't believe Lauri just had a baby. Kaitlynn is beautiful, and I'm so glad that she is home and that you have so many guests to help out! That's nice. Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys made it home! I know you are excited to get settled in. I hope Kaitlynn starts waking up soon. I know how stressful that can be, Luke did the same thing! I'm glad you have so much help right now, that will help a ton. She is a beauty and I still can't get over how much see looks lke Connor. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow uncle justin is great loooking guy!!! Hes a keeper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome home with your princess to join all the princes at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say that mama lookin HOT!!! :)

    Love those precious pics of Connor with sis. So precious! that will NOT last, lol!


    Love ya and hope you get some sleep tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love the big pink bow! It's perfect and she is just precious! So fun having a little girl to admire!

    ReplyDelete