Tuesday, October 31, 2017

First Day of 6th and 3rd Grade

Before we knew it, the new school year was upon us. We were navigating new territory this year with juggling both Connor's new junior high schedule as well as Kaitlynn's elementary schedule.

I made sure to take photos of the kids before school to capture their first day of school in 6th and 3rd grade.





First up was Connor's departure for junior high. His school started an hour before Kaitlynn's, and this year he would be riding his bike to the campus down the street. It was a little nerve-wracking for me to send him off to school down a busy residential street, but I was thankful that he was able to ride along with his neighbor buddy, Felipe. Both boys were all smiles and excited about starting their new adventure in junior high.





Kaitlynn was excited to bike to school this year, too. Since Connor was no longer around to accompany her to school, I made sure to pump up the tires on my own bike to ride along. She was so happy to be returning to her school and to see all of her friends again.






We ran into one of her best buddies, Evan, on the way to school and I couldn't resist taking a photo. Then it was inside to Kaitlynn's classroom to begin her 3rd grade year. Kaitlynn was already in love with her teacher and ready for the fun day ahead.





By the end of the day, I was SO ready to hear about how the first day had gone. I was on pins and needles waiting for Connor and Felipe to return home safely. When they finally arrived, they were so happy and excitedly told me about their day. Connor was beyond thrilled with his newfound independence in junior high and loved everything about the entire day. He was right in his element with his friends and new schedule.



No comments:

Post a Comment