Friday, December 3, 2010

Visiting Santa

This week we braved the busy Galleria mall to visit Santa for our annual photos. I have to say, I am shocked at how much they charge to get just a single photo. Highway robbery, I tell ya! If I hadn't already had the kids dressed up and ready, I probably would've just turned around and found a free Santa opportunity elsewhere (like Sams, Toys R Us, you name it - they all have Santas now!) But, we were there, and I wanted to get it over with.

Here are the kids all dressed and ready to head to the mall. I love how Kaitlynn will pose for a picture now (just for a split second--you gotta be fast!)



We got to the mall and saw Santa right away. Connor was in his nervous/excited state and Kaitlynn was not sure what the big deal was. Connor climbed into Santa's lap, and then I put Kaitlynn on Santa's other knee. All of a sudden she realized I was going to walk away and she was NOT happy. There were many snaps of the camera with her screaming and holding out her arms for me to get her, but she calmed down enough to get this one:



She was having a bit of a wardrobe malfunction but it was the best we could do!

Kaitlynn was ready to leave and she took off fast. We rode the elevator up one floor to see Santa in his workshop from above.



It's a nice display, and Kaitlynn didn't mind it one bit since she wasn't in Santa's lap anymore! Now everytime she sees Santa she will point and say "Ho Ho Ho" and smile.

5 comments:

  1. Now that is one great Santa! And his "set" is one of the best I've seen. So competitive these days, isn't it? I guess they have to be to get those big bucks they are demanding. I remember paying for the pictures last year, and I about fell over!

    We will NOT be seeing Santa this year. Alex is fine to see Santa from a distance and will even say his name and point to him with excitement, but if Santa even so much as winks or nods at Alex, the meltdown begins. He is terrified! I wouldn't even be able to get close to the lap, let alone drop him off. So I've decided to spare him the emotional trauma and me the need to drain the bank account to get the photo. Maybe next year...

    Connor and Kaitlynn looked quite smashing in their holiday attire, so I'm glad you were able to get at least one shot, even if it was with a wardrobe malfunction. Ah, the memories. =) Hope you guys are enjoying this holiday season. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I'm a little sad by how grown up Connor looks in his Santa picture. It's just going by way too fast!!! The picture turned out great and the kids look adorable in their Christmas best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a really good job of getting the "Santa photos" for this year!! It's never easy. LM had a meltdown when Santa tried to say hello. I love Kaitlynn's hair in that last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome!!! I didn't even take Santa photos the last 2 years! I plan to this year, but you just never know. Benjamin adores Santa, but Timothy is always a bit skeptical. With trying to get Lily too... Well, it might not happen this year either! Kudos to you for tackling this daunting, yet important, task! Connor couldn't look any cuter, and Kaitlynn looks as sweet as ever in her Christmas dress! Love the get up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Santa picture! They look so cute and that Kaitlynn is oh so brave! And Connor's sweet smile is so telling of his nervous/excited state. So, so cute! They do look so cute in their Christmas attire.

    Oh, I bought Sarah the sweetest little Christmas dress, black patent shoes and tights! Her first I might add! Can't wait to try it on her! We are going for our Santa pictures tomorrow. So hoping Luke will find the courage! :) Can't wait for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete