Friday, December 17, 2010

18 Months

Guess who turned 18 months this week?!



Here's the latest on the baby girl of the family.

Some of her new words include: cheese, juice, banana ("nana"), cracker, and Olivia (her new favorite show, which I happen to think is very cute). Probably her most frequently used phrase is "All done!" She also has learned to use the signs for "please" and "thank you".

At this age, Kaitlynn is so much fun and really growing into her unique personality. She seems to enjoy having a job, like if I ask her to throw away some trash or go put her toys away. She is a very sociable little girl and LOVES her Mother's Day Out more than I ever imagined she would. Yay!

We got the little potty down from the attic recently and Kaitlynn has been sitting on it before her bath each night, just to get used to the idea. No "activity" has occurred yet, in case you were wondering. :-)

Kaitlynn has been doing great with her sleep habits. She usually sleeps 12 hours each night (7 to 7) and about a 2-hour nap in the afternoon. And she has slept great in all the strange beds with all the traveling we've been doing lately. That is such a change from this time last year so I couldn't be happier!

Kaitlynn is wearing size 24 months and just graduated into size 6 diapers. She is 31.25 inches long (50th percentile) and weighs 26 pounds (75th percentile). Compare that to Connor, who at this age was finally leveling off: he was 33 inches long and 31 pounds.

Her new thing is to pose for a picture when we get dressed every morning. I put on her outfit, fix her hair, and then she runs straight for the toy room where she stands against the wall and actually says "cheese" for a picture. Have I created a monster? :-)



Kaitlynn is definitely a handful, but I thank God for her everyday! Here are a few shots from her 18-month portraits:

She actually posed for this one.


What's in the box?


Let's see here...


Well it must be something funny, that's for sure!


Last picture...can I just say, I see this mischievious look on her face about 100 times a day!

6 comments:

  1. Slow down, Time, slow down! I'm not ready for an 18 month celebration yet. Although, she is growing cuter and cuter with each passing day, and I am ga-ga for those pigtails!!

    I'm so impressed with her vocabulary and your prepping her for the potty training that is to come. I'm holding off on this one for a while longer. But what impresses me most is that she actually gives you a pose. And every morning at that. Please, please talk to Alex about this. I'd love an occasional pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...such cuteness. LOVE the pictures you had taken. She looks precious in her polka dots. I cannot believe that she poses every morning for you. That's awesome. I'm not sure I've ever gotten a pose from Jackson, though I do sometimes get a "cheese." Can't believe she's in size 6 diapers! Jack can still wear size 4. I bet Ryan will hit size 6 before being potty trained!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO CUTE!!! I love the polka dots and all the sweet expressions! They just grow up so very fast. SAVOR, Lauri! Savor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauri - She is just the cutest thing ever, and I couldn't love those pigtails any more than I do! She is a handful (I have one of those...), but she is adorable! I love her pictures. The ones where she isn't posing are simply the best, and you are right, that last one - OH MY - TROUBLE! Jeff better start preparing now - the boys will be lined up at the door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the new pictures....especially the last one! MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are oh so cute! And of course Mommy had her dressed up just right! She looks adorable! She is such a blessing to you and your family!

    Can't believe she is in size 6 diapers. And the fact that she is already sitting on the potty. I'm almost certain that she will be trained before Luke! :)

    Still can't believe she is 18 months. Before long she will be turning 2, sigh!

    ReplyDelete