Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Best Buddies

More Christmas fun! This week we got together with Connor's best friend, Benjamin, and his family to enjoy some quality playtime and let the kids exchange gifts. I thought it would be neat to share the story of how our families met.

Connor attended a daycare downtown (Creme de la Creme) for 3 years before I began staying at home. He started daycare when he was only 11 weeks old. I didn't know it at the time, but one of his baby classmates in the infant room was none other than Benjamin, born just days after Connor.

As the boys got older and started moving to different classrooms together, I started running into Benjamin's sweet Mom, Julie, at several of the kids' parties. I think our boys had just moved into the toddler area when Julie came up to me in the hallway. She asked, "Are you Connor's Mom?" I said I was, and she introduced herself and said, "Well I just want you to know, I think Connor is THE CUTEST baby I've ever seen!" Little did I know that Julie loved plump babies, and we all know that Connor was probably the chunkiest baby any of us have ever seen!

It was around that time that the toddler teachers started sharing stories with Julie and I about how well Connor and Benjamin played together during the day, and that they were always together and the best of friends. They LOVED each other and of course Julie and I couldn't have been happier! I don't know who has been more blessed by their friendship, the boys or their Mommies!

This was probably the first picture I ever took of Connor and Benjamin together, right about the time they turned 2 years old. Aren't they precious?



So back to Christmas...we had such a blast visiting Benjamin and his brother Timothy and sister Lily at their home. The boys were probably most excited about driving and riding in their Jeep. Awesome!



Kaitlynn was too little to ride the Jeep, but she found another fun toy so she was happy.



I couldn't resist taking a picture of precious Lily and her sweet Mommy. I don't know what's cuter, Lily's flower or those precious tights!



And now on to the exciting part of the evening - the presents!






The kids had so much fun playing and sharing gifts. Yet another wonderful Christmas activity in this busy holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. That's so great that Connor has such a good friend in Benjamin. Jackson has a good buddy from school too and we got together with them over thanksgiving. It was like they've never been apart. And I'm so glad you have another mom friend close by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet post. We love you guys so much! Both of my boys just love Connor, and I couldn't be happier about it! I am sure that I loved Connor so much as a baby that I talked him up to Benjamin so much - from the time he was 4 months old - that he didn't have a choice but to be friends with Connor! Ha! I think Connor will forever be - THE CUTEST baby I've ever seen! We love you all so much and thank God every day for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special post about some specials friends. For Connor and Mommy! Isn't it funny how our friends now are because they are the parents of our kids friends. Funny how that works!

    I bet Kaitlynn is glad sweet Lily was born so now she's not the only girl! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete