Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Randomness

There has been so much going on around here for the holidays that I thought I would throw lots of random pictures together in a single post. So here goes!

The other night Jeff took all 4 kids around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights.


A couple weeks ago our Houston Texans played at home for Monday Night Football. Jeff and I were so excited to get a babysitter so that we could go to the game together without kids. Woohoo! The game was a blast but the loss in overtime, well, not so much. As Connor says, "There's always next year!"




Last week Connor had his preschool Christmas program. His class combined with the other pre-K classes to sing some songs for the parents. It was very sweet but unfortunately my video camera was on the fritz and so I didn't get any video.

And here's Connor standing on the back row during the program. I cracked up when I saw this picture because the kids look so enthused - NOT!


A quick pic of Connor and Mommy at his class party.


And finally, here's a picture of Connor with his awesome teachers, Mrs. Day and Ms. Mory. Love them!!


I haven't opened a single Christmas present yet, but I can already tell you what my favorite gift this year will be: My new living room cabinets! We have niches in our living room on either side of the fireplace. They were just empty spaces before and I never knew what to do with them. I've wanted built-in cabinets ever since we moved in and I finally got them this year, thanks to my generous hubby and a great deal from our contractor. Here's a quick before and after photo. Merry Christmas to me! :-)


2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the built ins! I think they add so much to the space. And of course so much to decorate but that should be fun.

    Glad you guys got to go to the game alone. I bet that was a special treat.

    And the kids faces at their program are priceless.

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the built-ins, Lauri! Wow! What a difference they made. Some things you do hoping that it will make a change; others you do and it does all you hoped for and more! I'd say that project falls into the latter category! Glad y'all have been having so many fun activities and I wish you and yours the merriest of Christmases!

    ReplyDelete