Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quick Visit with Friends

This past weekend we made a quick trip to Dallas to visit some of my very best friends in the world, Katherine and Dana (we sure missed you, Amanda!!!) We have all been best friends since grade school and now we are all on this "Mom" journey together. No matter the time or distance that separates us, we always pick up right where we left off. Love you girls!!



Over the years our visits together have become less about us and more focused on the kids. It has been so fun to watch all of our kids grow up and become friends. And this year we were blessed to have 2 new babies added to the mix: Katherine's daughter Sarah and Dana's son Ryan, both born in August.

This is sweet Sarah - look at that smile!!



And I didn't manage a great shot of Ryan alone, but here he is at Kaitlynn keeps watch. He is such a sweet snuggler! (Is that a word??)



Here are the proud Mommies.



The three oldest boys played outside a bit.



And here are all the big boys eating dinner one night.



Here are most of the kiddos before their Christmas gift exchange. I had to laugh because we tried to get them to open their gifts one at a time, but within seconds they were all tearing into them without waiting.



And finally, my favorite pic. We sat all 6 of the kids down in front of the Christmas display at a local mall. Here is the order: Sarah, Connor, Jacob, Luke, Jackson, Kaitlynn, Ryan.



Thanks girls for hosting us and for such a fun weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures turned out great. I may have to snag some of them. Thank you SOOOOO much for making the drive to Dallas. It was so nice to spend time with you and your family. It's always so nice to be able to catch up in person! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting so many pictures. It almost made me feel like I was a part of it. Almost. If the truth be told, while I loved seeing them, they made me a little sad. Sad I wasn't there. Sad the kids are growing up so fast. Sad I'm only getting to see it through pictures. But the flip side, it does make me so grateful to have friends like you girls that make life so much sweeter. I am blessed. And I love sharing this chapter with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DID get some great photos. I didn't get very many so I too will be snagging a few! I had a great weekend, just what I needed! A girls weekend for sure! Loved our "alone" time on Saturday even if Sarah was with us. :)

    I hope the drive back last night wasn't too bad and the kiddos slept for you guys! Thanks again for coming up! Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful herd!! Oh, my goodness they are all so very cute! I love that they are each getting extra sets of "cousins" to love for a lifetime like their mommas. Makes my heart full.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad my sister has such wonderful, loving friends like you guys:)

    ReplyDelete