Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our 2010 Family Christmas

We had a low-key Christmas celebration this year with my parents and Connor and Kaitlynn while the older boys celebrated with their Mom. We toured some neighborhoods with pretty Christmas lights, feasted on our favorite Mexican food, and enjoyed some quality time with MeMe and Granddaddy in Houston.





(Her look says it all - Christmas is SO much fun!)

After MeMe and Granddaddy returned home, Santa came (one day late) to the Courtright household so that we could celebrate after the boys returned from their Mom's house.

Connor very carefully set out some carrots (for Santa's reindeer), cookies, and milk before the Big Guy's arrival.



Here's the scene right after Santa's visit.



Connor said it was the "best Christmas EVER" and immediately loved his Woody doll. He even had to write his name on Woody's boot right away.




All 4 kids managed to make the "nice" list this year, so it was a very successful Christmas.





I feel the need to explain one of the Christmas gifts you may have seen in the photos. Yes, it was a dog carrier. An extra LARGE dog crate. And it was a gift from Santa to Kaitlynn. Let me explain. Our neighbor had the carrier out in her driveway one day recently and several of the neighborhood kids were playing in it. Kaitlynn discovered it and immediately began playing in it. She LOVED it! Our neighbor told us she was selling it and Jeff and I looked at each other like, "Hmmm. Christmas gift??" We didn't think much about it until we brought it home to clean it and get it ready. Both of the older boys looked at us like we had lost our marbles. And then I mentioned it to my mother who immediately said, "Uh, Lauri, do I need to call CPS out there??" So just to clarify...Yes, we pressure-washed and bleached out the cage, and No, we don't intend to lock the kids in the dog crate. And come on, just look at how much they love it!






The older boys are with us all week and we have our next Christmas celebration at my parents' later this week with the Morgan side of the family. So stay tuned for more Christmas fun!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! The dog crate was the first thing to catch my eye in the Santa photo!! I was wondering where the dog was; I DO love this story! The unique gifts are the very best!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheaper than a play house, no?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME! I bet Jackson would love to join Connor and kaitlynn in there to play! How fun. And it's HUGE! Looks like you guys had a nice Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures from the Morgan Christmas.

    Totally a side question, but where did you get those white toy bins in the first picture? I may need some more ideas for organizing toys. I got a label maker for Christmas and can't wait to organize the toys with labels (not that they will ever be put back in the right spot but I sure am gonna try!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great CHristmas. I LOVE the gift to Kaitlynn from Santa. I cant believe she can stand up in it! Very roomie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out loud when I read the story about the dog kennel gift. That is hilarious! This will be a story to tell for years to come!

    Looks like you had a bunch of really GOOD kiddos in your house, too. Santa's sleigh was packed full of presents for the Courtright Clan.

    I'm dying to know - did you get a new camera?

    ReplyDelete