Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Our Week So Far

You know it's a rough week when it's only Wednesday and you've been to the doctor 3 times already. Kaitlynn had a stomach virus followed by some other illness causing her high fever, and even after her fever broke she was so miserable that we continued to get her checked to see if we missed something. Looks like she's on the tail-end of a virus, so I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.

There's a children's book called "My First Atlas" at the doctor's office that has kept Connor very entertained during our office visits this week. He just begs me to read the book and explain everything to him about the Earth, continents, oceans, equator, etc. He has such a thirst for knowledge and I always feel guilty for not indulging him when I'm too tired or impatient, which is often.

Earlier this week, we woke up to our first fall weather day. I took the kids for a walk and the weather was so invigorating. I was in such a good mood that I told myself I would indulge Connor's desire to talk and ask questions and see how far we would get. We began talking about the fall season and things that might happen in the fall (leaves changing colors, fall festivals, Thanksgiving, etc.). We talked and talked and talked. Throughout the day, Connor continued to ask questions about fall and I did my best to answer thoroughly. By evening, we were still talking about fall. I was giving Connor his bath and he asked again, "So Mom, what else in the fall should we talk about?" I was so worn out from talking that I told him I just couldn't talk anymore. It made me wonder, if I hadn't given up, would he still be talking? About fall? My guess is yes.

Tonight at the doctor's office Connor pretended to be the teacher and was reading Kaitlynn and I a book (because yet again, I was tired of talking and I told him it was his turn). He did a great job of "reading" the book, and at one point I made a comment about his story. "If you have a question," he said to me directly, "you can just raise your hand."

Afterwards he stood up and asked if I wanted to hear a joke. "What animal can jump higher than a house?" he asked. "Any animal," he continued, "because a house can't jump!" Pretty funny joke for a 4-year-old!

And no, there is no point to this post other than documenting our crazy week!

6 comments:

  1. That Connor.....you just HAVE to love him!!!! Love, MeMe

    PS. I'm praying that Kaitlynn will have a much better day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor is hilarious! I sure hope your sweet baby girl feels better tomorrow!!!! I'm going to say a quick prayer for her (and for you too)! JuJu

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Conner is quite the entertainer... comedy, dance, rhetoric, lectures! LOL! That joke is hilarious! Hope Kaitlynn is feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope baby girl is feeling better soon! It's no fun having a sick kid!! I love hearing all of Connor's questions and comments. He certainly keeps you busy!! Just think...won't be too much longer before he's doing that to his kindergarten teacher and not you! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a week indeed! When Jeff gets back home you may need to tell him that you need your own Calgon moment - or three - to recover from this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl. What a week! So sorry K is so sick. It's NO fun having a suck kiddo. My niece Emily has had a stomach bug this week too. Makes you wonder what the winter is going to be like.

    I love all the comments about Connor. He is such a sweet kid. And I know how it feels to have one that talks nonstop. Holy cow! Wears you out, doesn't it.

    Hang in there. Next week can only be better!

    ReplyDelete