Saturday, September 18, 2010

15 Months

Kaitlynn turned 15 months old this week. She had her well baby visit and weighed in at 24 lbs 12 oz (75th percentile) and 30.5 inches long (also 75th percentile). She must be leveling off because she was at the 90th percentile the past few visits.

At 15 months, Kaitlynn:
  • Wears size 5 diapers.

  • Uses the following words regularly: Mama, Dada, Puppa (puppy), Babba (bottle and baby), Ah-duh (all done), and Uh-oh. We've also caught her saying "ba-thuh" (brother) a time or two. And she recently started to shorten Mama and Dada by crying out "Ma!" and "Da!" when she really wants to get our attention.

  • Understands many things we're saying. If I tell her "Take this to Connor" or "Bring me your drink" she will usually do it. Unless of course she is in a stubborn mood, which happens frequently. :-)

  • Gave up her morning nap after she turned 1 (mostly out of convenience for our schedule) but usually cat-naps in her carseat when we're on the go.

  • LOVES wearing shoes and will bring them to you to put them on. She also lifts her legs and arms to assist you in getting her clothes on.

  • Is quite the social butterfly, going up to kids and strangers all the time to say hi, give them a high-five, or just stare them down.

  • LOVES to brush her teeth. I'll call out, "Who wants to brush their teeth?" and she'll come running every single time.

  • Loves books and likes to sit in your lap to read them.

  • LOVES her pink blankies from her MeMe. She has one in her crib and one in her carseat, and they always seem to make her very happy!

  • Has become quite the little daredevil, always running and climbing and getting into trouble.

  • Is at the stage where she seems to be constantly covered in bruises. As soon as one clears up, she'll take a tumble and another one takes its place.

  • Has a head full of blond hair with sweet little curls on the ends, though nothing close to the curls Connor had at her age.


Here are some recent pics of Kaitlynn. It's getting harder and harder to get a good shot because she's constantly on the move!

Just to illustrate a typical morning, you'll find Kaitlynn all happy and smiles one minute...



And crying and whining the next. Gotta love those terrible 2's!



She loves to mimic what her older brother Connor does. Here she plays with his laptop, which she has decided is one of her new favorite toys.



Here is an example of those bruises I mentioned.



And here are the sweet curls.



Just for fun, here is a picture of Connor at 15 months. See what I mean about the curls??



Back to Kaitlynn...she has to do whatever Connor does, including riding in the race car shopping cart.



Wow, she actually looks a little angelic here. Don't be fooled, ha!

8 comments:

  1. It just doesn't seem like time should fly past so quickly! Precious photos, Lauri! Kaitlyn's curls are so shiny and soft looking. Ahhhh... nothing like the little ones! I really like the photo with she and Conner in the race car grocery cart... brother and sister, cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet. And I totally forgot how precious Connor's curls were! Kaitlynn is just getting more precious by the day and her sweet little curls are georgeous. She's going to be a heartbreaker. You need to tell Jeff to get prepared with some scaring tactics for when the boys come to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I am approaching the delivery of Lily, I keep thinking back to the day that Kaitlynn was born and how Jeff was blogging your progress, and I was glued to the computer every 15 minutes looking for updates! :-) My point? That seems like yesterday! I can't believe that 15 months has flown by, and Kaitlynn is such a big girl. Literally! She is precious, and in my book, she is a little angel - temper tantrums and all...cuz when she gives me those sweet (quick) kisses or holds her little hands up to me, I melt time and time again. Happy 15th months Baby K! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do the curls come from?? is your hair curly? So beautiful. When you have stick straight hair like me, those curls are a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that sweet face. I would say that I can't believe she could be anything other than an angel, but my own experiences correct that naive thinking. =) One minute - sweet, the next minute - meltdown. I completely understand! Sweet baby girl is growing up too fast - like they all do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that sweet girl. I know she has her moments, but she is still so darn cute. And I forgot how cute Connor's curls were. My neighbor's little boy has curls just like those and they are so cute! She is doing so much and growing up too fast! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genial fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete