Sunday, September 26, 2010

Connor the Soccer Player

In case you're wondering, no I do not have a post about today's Texans game for obvious reasons. :-(

Yesterday was Connor's very first soccer game! Our whole family managed to attend and it was quite entertaining to say the least. Connor was super excited and his team did very well despite their first-game jitters.

Here's Connor last week when he got his soccer jersey. Look at that face. Pure excitement!



Here he is doing one of their pre-game drills.



A few highlights from the game:

  • Connor was the first one on his team to be the goalie. He was actually very good but got bored every time the players moved down the field to the opposite goal.

  • Connor spent most of the game admiring his shadow while running after the ball.

  • At one point in the game, most of the players got tripped up and ended in a big pile on the field. Connor was 3 feet away but that didn't stop him from joining in. He saw the pile and proceeded to throw himself down in quite the dramatic fashion.

  • The final score of the game was 2-1 with Connor's team being the winner. The only goal the opposing team scored was from...wait for it...Connor. Yes, he managed to score for the opposing team.


Here's Connor the goalie. He was seriously into it.



Here's an action goalie shot. Check out his professional stance!



The other siblings watching the game.



In the picture below you can see Connor running while watching his shadow.



Here's the entire team. Can't wait for next week!

4 comments:

  1. Ok- had to laugh out loud when I read Connor had more fun watching his shadow when he ran. That still makes me laugh! He looks so excited to be playing. And with that eager goalie stance, I wouldn't want to have to try to get the ball past him. haha! I love that the whole fam was able to come out and support Connor. I bet Collin and Kevin got a kick out of watching him! Win or lose, I'm glad he had fun. Go Connor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Connor!! Lauri, those are some great photos! I love all the action shots and I love his cheering section! Great family fun!!

    PS. I knew there would be no Texan post... but, I'm glad Dallas finally got their head out of the sand (well, you know). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure there was anything he'd like as much as football, but his face tells me that might not be true. He seems pumped up for the action. And can you really blame him for not being all that excited when all of the action is happening at the other end of the field? C'mon, mom - a boy's got to keep movin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. I'm proud of you for signing him up and sticking with it! I love how he was watching his shadow and scored for the other team. So fun to watch, I'm sure! I can't wait to watch Jackson play sports some day...

    Sorry about the Texans. We thought about you guys when it was on...

    ReplyDelete