Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Stunning Victory!

The Courtright household is on a major high tonight! All 6 of us attended the Houston Texans season opener against the Colts (last year's AFC champ, I might add) and witnessed the exciting victory for our team. It was an awesome game and the perfect start to our winning season. You may think that's a presumptuous statement but folks are taking notice of the Texans finally, and even one of the reputable ESPN analysts has predicted the Texans will go to the Super Bowl this year. I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, it was such a fun time with the entire family and here are some pictures to document our day. GO TEXANS!!!

Kaitlynn was stylin' in her Texans cheerleader outfit with matching bow. She looks so cute that you can overlook the fact that I drove 1.5 hours round trip yesterday to pick up her bow so she'd have it for the game, haha!



Kaitlynn and I having a tailgate snack.



And Connor took this picture of us. You can see how hot and sweaty he was from playing football before the game. It was HOT!



Our 4 kids walking into the game. LOVE it!



Once inside the stadium, I let Kaitlynn walk around to burn off some energy. She found a window ledge and assumed it was a little seat just for her.



Our family of 6 before the game. It's a rare treat to have all of us together at a game, and it was a blast!



Kaitlynn loved climbing the stairs in our section.



Jeff held Kaitlynn as he walked up and down our section giving high-fives after all our first downs and big plays. Kaitlynn loved joining in with the clapping and cheering.


Not surprisingly, Connor was probably the most animated of our group. He truly digs football.



Now I would like to close with a prayer. Specifically, Connor's prayer. The exact one that he prayed before his early bedtime tonight.

"Dear Jesus, thank you for a wonderful day. Please help the Texans win all the games, because the Texans are always the good team. Amen."

I couldn't agree more. :-)

6 comments:

  1. LOL! I've been thinking about ya'll with the Texans starting out with a bang! I love Kaitlyn's cheerleader outfit! As a family, ya'll are quite a block of feverent fans! Looks like you are off to a great season.

    Can't believe it's already the second week of school! Conner is all over it!

    Kaitlyn is the Queen of Rocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all had a great gameday today! Everyone looked very good in their team gear! I knew that Connor would be excited about the game...didn't realize Kaitlynn would be into the event as well!
    MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Kaitlynn is the CUTEST cheerleader! And I love Connor's prayer! So so cute. I think it's great that Texans football is something that you guys can enjoy as a family. It really is special. I'm looking forward to when our whole family can go watch college ball together, even if it is UT. We had the Texans game on and were thinking about you guys, knowing you must be excited. Hope your boys do well this season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun game day for the Courtrights. I love the picture of K in her cheerleading outfit and the picture of all 4 kids walking together! So great! So fun that the family has the same support and enthusiasm for the Texans. Hope the Texans continue to have a good season. They are off to a great start. Did I tell you my cousin Nathan plays in the pep band for the Texans? He loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it must have been that "magic" bow that helped them win - especially since you drove an hour to get it. And Connor's prayers, of course. I think that's really special that the whole family got to be there for such a big win! Woohoo! I always think of you when Jerry's watching Sports Center and there are segments about the Texans. =) Love you and miss you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harry watched the 2nd half of the game continually giving updates. We were thinking of all of you and how much you all must be enjoying the game! So glad you were all there as a family to share in the moment! I LOVE the family picture. That's a really good one! Go Texans!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete