Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Puppa

During our recent vacation to Florida, Kaitlynn discovered a love for puppies. Grandma Cheryl and Grandpa Jerry have 2 dogs, Gucci and Midge, as well as Uncle Justin with his dog, Shots. At first Kaitlynn was a bit fearful when the dogs came near her, but she quickly got over that and soon began chasing them all over the house saying, "Puppa! Puppa!" We would be on a golf cart ride with Kaitlynn in my lap when suddenly she would look up at me and exclaim, "Puppa!" And sure enough, I would look around and spot the dog she had seen.

Since we've been back home, she will spot dogs and puppies everywhere - TV, magazines, around the neighborhood. Now it seems that anything cute and cuddly is also a puppa. The other day we were at a mall play area when I found her admiring a baby in a carseat as she said, "Puppa!" No, Kaitlynn, it's a baby, not a puppy!









4 comments:

  1. Whenever Alex sees a "puppa," he gets excited, too. Although he just calls them "puh, puh." =) I'm still holding fast to the "no dogs in our future" stance. I want absolutely no part of a dog (or any pet for that matter) in our home. Ever. Never ever.

    PS - I'm really diggin' the pigtails. Those are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! I love that she enjoys the doggies. Jackson loves puppies too and it's always fun to watch as he can see/hear every one of them anywhere near where we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seein' some puppas in some futures... ;) The puppa photo series is too fun, Lauri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I recall K calling Sarah "puppa" several times. So sweet. I too see a dog on your future. :)

    ReplyDelete