Saturday, August 28, 2010

Last Trip of the Summer

Last week marked our last trip of the summer when I took the little kids to Dallas while Jeff was out of town on a business trip. It was an impromptu trip to visit 2 of my BFFs, Katherine and Dana, who just recently had new babies. I was SO excited to meet their new precious bundles, and the rest of our kiddos also had a great time playing together.

One of my goals for the trip was to give Katherine some time away from the older kids so that she could focus on baby Sarah. So I loaded up her boys, Jacob and Luke, as well as Connor and Kaitlynn for a day trip to the mall since it was 110 degrees and way too hot to play outside.

Here's a quick pic heading into the mall.



And here's another one inside the mall. You'll have to excuse my children -- I have no idea what they are doing but it sure looks indecent, haha!



We ended up going to 2 different mall play areas in 2 days. What did we ever do before indoor mall play areas?



Probably the most fun the kids had was eating at Sonic and Chickfila while we were at the mall. Here's Kaitlynn making one of her cute faces.



And here's one of Luke. I SO enjoyed getting to know Luke better during this trip. What a sweetie!!



At one point, I took all 4 kids into a toy store to look around and the store clerk looked at me incredulously as he said, "They're not all yours, are they?" Ha! Here's a pic of the three sweet boys.



Here is sweet newborn Sarah! Such a beauty! She is so lucky to have 2 older brothers to look out for her.



I am super bummed that we didn't manage to get any photos of Jackson or his precious newborn brother Ryan. But take my word for it, Ryan is SO tiny and precious!! Here is a quick pic of mine and Kat's kiddos.



We had originally planned to meet up with Dana's family again (and get pictures), but Kaitlynn ended up coming down with a high fever so we high-tailed it back to Houston so that she wouldn't infect any of the other kids. By the time we got back home, her temp was so high that we had to go straight to the doctor. (Another ear infection, surprise surprise.)

Since our visit, Connor has been talking nonstop about how much fun he had in Dallas and how much he misses his buddy Jacob. I'm so thankful we made time for this last summer trip. Maybe next time we'll have more time to visit with Dana's family, and if we're lucky Amanda will be there too! Love you girls!!

4 comments:

  1. I am SO grateful for your visit last week. Not only grateful for you taking the boys out but I really enjoyed our time together. I loved having the chance to visit, chat and catch up. It sure beats a 10 minute phone call every now and then. I truly can't thank you enough for making the long drive, cooking, cleaning up and everything else you did to help me. It was the perfect week for you to come up and again I thank you!! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun based on your pictures. You are so brave to have taken all of the kiddos to the mall two times! I'm impressed. It was really sweet of you to do that for Katherine. I know she really appreciates it. I'm just sad I missed out on the opportunity to chat and catch up. I'm just trying not to think about it too much right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet web site, I hadn't noticed courtrights.blogspot.com before during my searches!
    Continue the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4.5 hour car ride solo with two kiddos + taking four kiddos solo to the mall TWICE = SUPERMOM! You. go. girl! I'm super impressed.

    I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed your time together. Wish I could have been there. But like you said, maybe next time...

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete