Monday, August 16, 2010

Baby Doll

Last Christmas Kaitlynn received her very first baby doll, but we never got around to opening the box until just recently. I had noticed that Kaitlynn seems to love actual babies, so Connor and I thought she would enjoy playing with her doll. After we opened her baby and gave it to her, she immediately lit up and hugged her baby close. She gave her tons of kisses and wanted to show her off to anyone. Her maternal instinct is already kicking in at age 1, ha!





Later in the day both little kids were in bed and Jeff walked into the living room, tripping over Kaitlynn's baby. He chuckled to himself saying, "Well, THAT's never happened before." Out of all his years of being a Dad and tripping over lots of toys, he could honestly say he'd never tripped over a doll before. Ha!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, how cute is she!! Nothing says little girl like playing with baby dolls. Isn't it amazing what an instinct it is for girls to be maternal just like it is for boys to play cars, trucks and guns. The difference is amazing and one that I'm ready for. Haha! And I see many more "first times" in Jeff's future as sweet K gets bigger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Precious as can be! I agree with Katherine, there will be lots of "firsts" in Jeff's future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...how sweet. I love to see little girls and their baby dolls. What a sweetie. I love the little pony tail. I think she's beginning to look a lot like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Katherine's comment - Jeff has a lot more "that's never happened before" in his future. Makeup, miniskirts, daddy/daughter dates... Hold on tight, it will be here in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete