Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dad's Night Out

This week Connor's preschool had Dad's Night Out. Connor was SO excited to take his Dad and they had a blast. I don't think Moms were supposed to be there, but I went anyway. I mean, who else would've taken these sweet pictures?

Waiting for Connor's classroom to open.


Here's one of the projects Connor worked on for the special night. His responses were written verbatim by his teacher.


Each Dad received a special bowtie from their child.


Here they made a picture frame from their handprints.


Sweet picture for the handmade picture frame. Jeff was a little concerned that the purple ink wouldn't wash off their hands!


Decorating a cookie.


Making clown masks.


After the conclusion of Dad's night out, Connor was so sweet saying thanks to Jeff for attending and how it was the best Dad's night out ever. And then he started asking when he could have Mom's night out, Kaitlynn's night out, Collin's night out, and Kevin's night out!

6 comments:

  1. How SWEET is that! And, I love his reason for Jeff's being the best dad. Makes me tear up, Lauri! BTW, I'm glad their personal photographer captured this special time for the rest of us! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That is so sweet. I love seeing them have so much fun together. I love the comments on the paper - especially the part about his age and the blanket when he's naughty. How cute. You can tell how much he loves his daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that is so darn cute, I love this post! Connor LOVES his daddy! So sweet! I love that his school had a "dad's night out". What a fun idea. And his comments are priceless, so innocent and honest! Connor is such a sweet, wise little one! Kids, you gotta love them!
    I'm glad Jeff and Connor had this special night together (and mommy and baby K too). :)
    So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest thing ever! What a special night for Connor...and Jeff too! They are building memories for a lifetime! So sweet! That Connor is so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff's a GREAT sport! I can barely manage to get Tom to attend a school show and stay after the girls' parts are done! Hee hee.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all of those fun activities! How great is that! I think Jeff looks particularly smashing in his bowtie that labels him as "Connor C.'s Dad." You can tell how proud Connor is of his daddy. What a precious gift. So glad that you crashed the Dad's Night Out to get some pics for us. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete