Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Younger Sibling Syndrome

Ever since she turned 3 months, Kaitlynn has been constantly fighting off one thing or another. First it was a cold, then double ear infections, then lingering congestion. This week, yet again, double ear infections -- this time with a ruptured ear drum! Ouch! Is this a younger sibling syndrome, the way the older kids pass along all the germs to the baby? It just doesn't add up...she's on solid breastmilk, she's not in daycare, and yet she is starting with the ear infections and colds much sooner than Connor did.

Sigh.

But in case you were wondering, Kaitlynn seems to be taking it all in stride. And should I add, milking it for all it's worth...


5 comments:

  1. I do not look forward to that! I'm home with Jackson right now - he's sick too. Had 103.8 Sunday night. :-( Hope you guys are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, there is such a thing. Luke was always sick last year. You name it, he had it. Jacob was never sick as a baby, he has maybe had 3 ear infections his whole life. I really think they are just exposed to so much more. It's so frustrating, I agree! I'm just bracing myself for this winter, I'm not looking forward to it. There is so much going around this year! Hope Kaitlynn gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little angel. =( I'm so sad for her. I dread when Alex starts getting sick. I'm paranoid about the flu. How can you tell when they have an ear infection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby....and poor you! I definitely think there's a lot to what you said. The older ones carry the virus/sickness, but they don't actually get it. They "just" give it to our sweet little ones at home! I hope Kaitlynn feels better soon. She might be prone to ear infections! Tubes could be in her future!!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special prayer for Kaitlynn... and, her Mom.

    ReplyDelete