Monday, October 19, 2009

Daddy and Me

by Kaitlynn Courtright

My last post, How to Wear a Bow, was such a success that my Mommy decided to make me a regular contributor to our family blog. So of course I had to make my next topic one of my favorites -- my Daddy!

My Daddy wasn't so sure what to do with me when I arrived. He's used to having boys, you know. But I'd say he's doing a pretty good job. Take a look.

He is really good at cuddling me...




Hanging out with me on the living room rug...




Talking and bouncing with me...




Making me smile...




And helping me chill out when I need a break...




And he's good at walking me around which is one of my favorite things to do.




He always takes me outside for walks and stuff. I love being outside.




He also works with me to learn better hand/eye coordination. For some reason he thinks this is important. Probably because he's used to having boys and he expects them to be good at sports.




But I'm not sure that I'll be into sports. I'll probably be too worried that my hair or nails might get messed up.




My Daddy also takes me to football games and teaches me all the gametime rituals. My favorite is giving high-fives to everyone when the Texans play well. It's a bummer that hasn't happened too often yet.




Another thing my Daddy always does is give me my daily bath or shower. I have so much more fun with him than my Mommy. She is all business -- just trying to get me clean -- while my Daddy lets me play and sings songs to me.




But probably my favorite thing of all is when my Daddy gives me my bedtime bottle and then cuddles me until I fall asleep. He's so sweet and gentle with me, and he sure knows how to make a girl feel special. I sure do love him!


6 comments:

  1. ain't nothin like little girls and their daddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. they say there is a special bond between daddy and his girls. sure looks like it here. so glad jeff is enjoying his baby girl so much! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweeeeet! That is one happy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Baby Girl loves her some daddy! Her smiles say it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SO SO sweet! Love how much they like hanging out together! I knew she would melt his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a sweet post! Keep them coming, Kaitlynn! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete