Thursday, October 15, 2009

Four Months

Another month has gone by already! Believe it or not (I don't!) Kaitlynn turned 4 months old yesterday. She is at such a fun age! Her doctor calls it the "Gerber Baby" phase and says it will only last a couple more months until she is mobile and the fun wears off - ha!

Her stats: Today she weighed 16 lbs 10 oz, which is considered 97th percentile. By comparison, consider that Connor weighed that much at his 2 month appointment (so I wonder what his percentile was, 150th? - ha!) She measured 24.5 inches (50th percentile) and her head is measuring in the 80th percentile. She's a big girl, but it looks like she'll be more petite than her big brother Connor.

Here's what Kaitlynn has been up to since her last update:
  • Laughing: Yes, my sweet baby girl blessed us with her sweet laughter for the first time a couple weeks ago. And since then I have worked HARD to get more laughs but it's not easy. Her MeMe seems to be able to get the most laughs from her. It has got to be one of the most heartwarming noises!

  • Talking: Kaitlynn is SUCH a talker. She just coos and gurgles all the time. I really don't remember Connor making this much noise as a baby. But that voice of hers is just so sweet!

  • Sleep training: OK, I mean this in a very general sense. I have never known or followed a strict sleep training method, but I've determined that Kaitlynn is not a natural sleeper like Connor was. She really fights her daytime naps, and at night she still wants a bottle every 4-6 hours. So in the past couple weeks I started letting her cry it out. Not fun, let me tell you. She cries and screams at the top of her lungs. One night she did this for 1 hour 45 minutes. When we did this with Connor, he was sleeping 12 hours through the night after 3 nights of crying it out. But Kaitlynn has other ideas. Despite almost 2 weeks of this she is still very inconsistent with her sleeping and shows no signs of wanting to sleep through the night. But I should say that during all this "training" she has had several nasty ear infections, so I keep having to wait those out and then start all over again!

  • Scheduling: Kaitlynn is just like her Mommy and loves her daily routine. She is learning to take a good mid-day nap for 2-3 hours, and at night she will start fussing like clockwork for her bath around 7 pm. She then gets her last bottle and promptly passes out for bed.

  • Teething: I really don't have proof of this yet but she is showing all the classic symptoms. She chews on her hands and fingers all the time, usually making herself gag in the process! She is also drooling a lot and her little cheeks have been breaking out in a rash just like Connor's did when he was teething.




Now for some pictures...

Kaitlynn is so much more mobile these days and using her feet. She got herself into this predicament with her overhead activity mat.



She seems to enjoy her Bumbo chair now. Only problem is, her chunky legs won't fit into it much longer!



Here she is chewing on her fingers and hands.


She LOVES her bathtime!


She also is getting good at fussing.


Check it out - those are real tears!


She continues to get lots of precious hand-me-down outfits from her older cousins.


And she is still getting tons of kisses from Connor.


Here she is on her tummy. She still hates it but at least she can lift her head better now.



Now for some fun videos...



Here's Kaitlynn and MeMe having a very important conversation. Kaitlynn talks like this ALL the time, even in the middle of the night when she's supposed to be going back to sleep.





This one is my absolute favorite - Kaitlynn laughing for her MeMe. So sweet!





And of course it wouldn't be a complete monthly update without the side-by-side comparison of Kaitlynn and Connor both at 4 months. As my friend Beth said, they are twins 3 years separated!


4 comments:

  1. She's getting so big and so precious! I love the videos of Kaitlyn with your mom. In the first one she just seems to content and at peace with the world talking to her Meme.

    I hope she starts doing better at night for you. Jackson didn't start sleeping through the night consistently until about 6-7 months.

    I just can't get enough of the side by side comparisons of her and Connor. They truly could be twins. How fun it would have been to dress them up and take pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun updates for Ms. Kaitlynn! She is doing so much and I love her rolls! She looks so darn strong, healthy and happy, I just love it! Those videos are great, I love the baby talk and the laughs, so sweet and great that you were able to capture them on video!
    And yes, they are twins. How fun that the resemble each other so much! I'm so glad you are enjoying your baby girl so much! She looks so sweet in all of her girlie outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Just tell MeMe what you want and I'll do it." Isn't that the truth? Those grandbabies know just how to wrap their grandparents around their tiny little fingers.

    I am so excited for the giggles to come. I can hardly wait!! So sweet!

    Ok, girl. I think Alex may be like Kaitlynn when it comes to night sleep. He fights his naps during the day. Is ready to go to bed no later than 8:30. Goes to bed well, but wakes up during the night around 1:30 and 4:30. Sometimes he'll go a little longer, but it's not consistent. Last night I started to cut him off from night feedings. He got up at 2, 3, 4, and 5. He would take the paci and go back to sleep, but as you can see, it was only for an hour. I finally fed him at 5 and then he went back to sleep until 7:45. I soooo need him to start sleeping through the night...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly enjoyed my "conversations" with Kaitlynn! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete