Thursday, October 8, 2009

How to Wear a Bow

by Kaitlynn Courtright

My Aunt Alli and Aunt Robin have been telling my Mommy that I really need to start wearing hairbows like a proper little girl. Otherwise everyone might think I'm just another little boy like my brother Connor, especially since I look just like he did as a baby. So I've been practicing everyday and am finally getting the hang of this bow stuff.

The easiest way to wear a bow is to get a couple of stretchy headbands that you can use with any kind of bow clip.


All you have to do is change out the alligater-clip bow to match your outfit.

But be careful to make sure the band is the right size. Too tight will leave an indention in your forehead and make you uncomfortable.

And too loose will cause the headband to fall in your face.


You can get all kinds of bows to match your wardrobe.

Big bows...


Small bows...


Colorful bows...


And even just a plain white bow for that difficult-to-match outfit.

I also love the matching headband bow that comes with some of my clothes. These are really easy for coordinating, but can sometimes get lost in a load of laundry.

And my mom really impressed my Aunt Robin by putting together this number:




So I think we've learned a lot about bows and I'm going to make sure my Mommy has just the right bow for me from now on. But, if for some reason we can't seem to find that perfect bow...

I can always just wear a hat!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, do I love the last outfit with that precious hat! From one hat girl to another, I think you look lovely, Miss Kaitlynn, if I do say so myself. The bows are fun, too, but I LOVE the hat.

    Looks like you guys had a fun time with Grand Daddy and MeMe. Looking at these pictures made me even sadder that Aunt Amanda didn't get any snuggles with Kaitlynn or Connor. =( Maybe at Christmas time...

    Love and hugs to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bows! How cute! It looks like you all finally have it all figured out! Who knew that bows could be so complicated? Cute bows for a precious baby girl! I can't wait to get my hands on her again!!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, so so cute! I love all the bows, especially those big ones! That is a girlie girl right there. I love it! How fun to have a little princess to dress up! I'm not jealous or anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are too funny, and she is too beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm going to need to borrow her for a weekend just to dress her up and go places! I love BIG bows on little girls. Like Katherine, I'm not jealous or anything...

    Such a super cute post by a precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the post....almost as good as getting Kaitlynn kisses " in person" ! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete