Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sick Days

Connor came down with chills and a fever last Wednesday so we visited the doctor. He had all the symptoms of flu but turns out it was just a virus of some kind. He started feeling a little better by Friday night but then Saturday morning Kaitlynn and I woke up with fever. Thank goodness we all got sick (a) while Jeff was in town and (b) on the weekend.

One of his ideas for keeping the kids occupied during our sick days: building a fort. He is a pretty good fort-builder if I do say so myself.



There's nothing like enjoying snacks and a movie in the fort to make you forget all about being sick and not being able to play outside.



The little kids and I hung out in our PJs all weekend. I didn't realize how scary I looked until I saw this picture. Yikes.



I'm so thankful that Jeff has been such a caring nurse for us and I'm praying we're feeling better tomorrow morning when he returns to work. You know the kids are sick when they both asked to go to bed before 7 pm. I'm heading that direction myself.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that your weekend was overrun by germies! I must say that you had a pretty cool place to hang out with that fort and all. But no fort is as good as feeling 100%, so I hope you're back to your old self in no time at all - the kiddos, too. Hang in there, sweet friend. I am saying prayers for all of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl- so sorry you all are so sick. NOT a fun way to spend the weekend. But glad Jeff was there to take care of you guys. Praying for a speedy recovery. There is nothing worse to me than trying to take care of kiddos when you don't feel 100%. Hang in there--this too shall pass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops sorry--that previous message was from me. Kristina was on my computer earlier and didn't see that I was still logged in as her until I hit publish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lauri, hope you are all feeling GREAT today!! Glad Jeff was such a good help to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you guys had the sickies. NO fun. We've had some stuff going around our house too.

    Remember all that sleep progress I made with Ryan? All went out the window when he got sick. Uggghhhh. I've been as tired as I was when he was a newborn! But I think we are getting back on track. Of course Jackson seems to have a new cold so i'm sure Ryan is next and we will have sleepless nights again. Yuck.

    Hope you guys are all better soon. Good for Jeff for being such a trooper and helping out.

    ReplyDelete