Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cousin Karlie

Last weekend I set aside some of the pictures from our visit with my cousin Robin and her daughters Karlie and Preslee because I wanted to search for some old pictures to complete my "story." I finally found the pictures I was looking for, so here goes.

From a very young age, my niece Karlie (Robin's daughter) has LOVED ice skating. Back when Karlie was the only kid between us, Robin and I visited each other often and we usually tried to visit the Galleria to give Karlie a chance to ice skate. One of us usually had to join her (rock-paper-scissors) when she was really young. I'd guess that she was 3 or 4 when she first tried it, and then she would BEG us to let her go everytime she was in town.

This was the earliest photo I could find of us ice skating:



Even when Robin and I couldn't take her, she'd find another willing partner. Here's a picture of her ice skating with her Dad (Paul) and with Collin and Kevin right around the time Connor was born. Aren't they all so sweet??



Needless to say, when we visited the Galleria last weekend, ice skating was at the top of Karlie's to-do list. This time, she was able to skate by herself.




As I sat outside the rink watching with Preslee and Kaitlynn...



...I reflected back on all the years of taking Karlie ice skating and how much she has grown. The years just go by SO fast! I can't believe that little 2-lb preemie is now 10 and can change my toddler's diapers.



We love you, Karlie!

4 comments:

  1. Then you will turn around and she will be have her own children... time does go by so very quickly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sweet. She's lucky to have you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to believe that she's 10 now. She's grown up and gotten so big from the tiny little baby that she was. This was a sweet post - I love that you went back to find the pictures from yesteryear. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a big girl she is. I love the memories you have with her and the past pictures. What a special girl and what a special Aunt Lolly she has! :)

    ReplyDelete