Wednesday, January 12, 2011

PJs and TV

It's been cold and dreary here this week. Jeff's working in New York so we've been spending a lot of time in our PJs and a lot of time watching TV. There's nothing wrong with that, right?







(Oh, and don't mind that last photo. Kaitlynn is going through an unzipping phase, ha!)

We've noticed in the past month or so that Kaitlynn is FINALLY showing an interest in TV for longer periods of time. It used to be that we would turn on a show for her and she would watch for just a couple minutes before losing interest. Now she will sometimes watch entire shows. Is it sad to admit that this makes me happy? ;-)

And for those that may remember a certain Barney-lovin' boy in our house....



Well, it appears that we have a Barney-lovin' girl as well. That is by far her favorite show these days. When she sees Barney, she squeals with delight and sometimes even shouts out, "Yay!!"

6 comments:

  1. Jackson STILL enjoys Barney! Uggghhhh! When I catch myself singing those songs I just can't believe what has happened to me! Haha! Jackson just recently started to be able to sit and watch a whole show. It's nice now because sometimes I need a little time to take care of Ryan! :-)

    Love Kaitlynn sitting on her pillow pet. Jackson got a gorilla pillow pet for christmas from Brooks and Kaley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have TV and PJ days every now and then, too. I enjoy them until about 6p, and then I just feel really gross.

    We don't have any Barney on our stations, but I think "Baba" (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) is the equivalent obsession in this house.

    I miss you, sweet friend. If I lived near you, I'd call you up and say, "Alex and I are in our PJs. Can we come over and watch TV with you guys?" =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Pj and TV days! I have to agree with your excitment. Colton has never been really big on TV but I always wished he was. Id give anything (somedays) to have him sit and watch a 30 min show so I can clean or cook or breath! :) PS-That pic of a little Connor is so so so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I saw that same rapt expression on LM's face watching "Baba" a.k.a. Mickey Mouse, while he was visiting. My little nieces LOVED Barney with a passion verging on obsession when they were little. It is so interesting how they become attached to these animal characters.

    I had a PJ day all day Christmas! I say, "YEA, for the PJ days!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kind of weather makes for a great TV/PJ day. Glad K is able to watch for a little longer. That's always nice when you need a chunk of time to get something done.

    I have to admit I never put Barney on for my kids. They never had the chance to like it. haha! I just didn't think I could handle that show. Max and Ruby is the one that grates on my nerves now! So annoying that show!

    Hope your week is going good since you are a single parent this week! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like MeMe and GrandDaddy have been having TV days this week, too! It's just been too cold to go anywhere or do anything! MOM

    ReplyDelete