Thursday, January 6, 2011

Senior Recognition

It's really starting to hit us lately that Collin will be graduating soon. Sometimes it just doesn't seem right, but he turns 18 next month and then graduation is in May. Crazy! This week they had Senior Recognition night for all of the swimmers on his high school swim team.

All of the seniors are introduced with their parents. Here's Collin with his dear ole' Dad.



As the seniors are introduced, a speaker reads a few things about each senior from an information sheet they previously filled out.



I thought I'd type out the form and Collin's responses so here goes.

Athletic/Scholastic Honors & Achievements: "Being a total hoss at Call of Duty [XBox 360 video game]. That's all I have to say about that."
What has been your most memorable experience as a member of the Falcon Swimming & Diving Team at Jersey Village: "Are the moments I don't remember, and when my boy Tim ate a 5 stack at Whataburger."
Athletic/Academic Scholarship: "I have no athletic scholarships b/c I have a life outside of swimming, but if there is a scholarship for looks I would get that."
College: "PU. Procrastination University. Just kidding. Texas Tech."
Major: "Designer of building architect or an accountant."
What do you see yourself doing in 10 years: "I see myself ruling the world w/Hunter [friend]. Also, I'm going to own a house on a private island and lay in a hammock."

This is definitely a kid that doesn't take life very seriously right now! Here's hoping he can figure out what he wants to do with his life...SOON! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Now that is funny. He is definitely a very carefree kid! Hopefully he'll get it all figured out soon, though boys seem to move slowly sometimes! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is one laid back kid, huh! Can't believe he is a senior already! Time sure does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this what I have to look forward to? Just tell me now so that I can brace myself for all the fun that's ahead!

    Dear Lord,
    Please prepare me now for the teenage years to come. I think I'm going to need an extra dose of patience, and you might need to up my sense of humor a notch or two also.
    Amen.

    On a more serious note, Collin strikes me as one who can do great things when he puts his mind to it. I can't wait to see your posts with updates on him about a year from now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Oh, for those carefree days again! LOL!

    ReplyDelete