Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Potty Pics

Ever since she witnessed cousin Preslee's successes using the potty during their recent visit, Kaitlynn has been very interested in the potty and frequently likes to sit there.



With or without her clothes and diaper on, she will sit there and play or look at books.



I've also noticed 2 separate occasions where she actually went to sit on the potty and went #2 (in her diaper, but while she was sitting down on the potty).



By no means are we potty training yet, but I definitely encourage her to sit there when she wants and I still make her sit there right before her baths. She actually went #1 there before a bath last week, but it was an accident (yes, I see the irony in using that word) and not something she meant to do.



I've heard that girls are easier to potty-train than boys but I also know that every child is different.



While on the potty, her favorite reading material is her Daddy's Us Weekly magazine. ;-)



And I couldn't resist posting the following pictures showing Kaitlynn in all her glory.



She is loud and proud with that belly! Gotta love it!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you might be in for an easy "training"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like she might be ready much sooner than you thought she would be. That's so great that she is having some positive experiences with the potty before the actual training begins!

    Be careful with the gossip magazines - she's going to think she's fat by the time she's 2. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to feel behind when I see these pictures!! I bet Kaitlynn will be interested in the real deal before you know it! I'm so impressed with how long she'll sit and read her materials. And Jeff reads US Weekly, huh? Never would've guessed it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG- that loud and proud belly picture made me laugh out loud. That is the cutest thing!

    I'm impressed that she is showing so much interest in the potty. Magazine and all. Hmmm, wonder where she saw that?? haha!

    There is going to be something seriously wrong if sweet K is potty trained before my three year old Luke! Yikes! I better get on a roll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! YOu may be a diaper free house before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timothy just looked over my shoulder and said, "That's baby Kaitlynn. I like her!" So sweet. I bet she will potty train soon! So good for you. I can't believe you won't have any more in diapers soon - such a wonderful milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some US magazine!!!! She is getting started young:)

    ReplyDelete