Friday, February 4, 2011

Cold

It has been in the 20s for 3 straight days. That may not be cold for some but for Houston, that is COLD! And I find it ironic that the Energy Capital of the World can't seem to keep up with the demand. We've been having rolling blackouts where we lose our electricity for an hour or so at a time. That is NOT fun with 20 degree weather and 2 small kids at home. Last night we had lots of sleet so most of the city is at home this morning avoiding the highways. I'm sure the Northerners would laugh their heads off at us being crippled in mere 20 degree weather, ha!

What to do during rolling blackouts? Use the laptop as a DVD player!





Lots of indoor playtime and TV time going on around here!



I'm ready for the normal Houston winter temps to return! Luckily they'll be back tomorrow. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for laptops! Glad you were able to keep the troops entertained during all this.

    We've been snowed/iced in since Tuesday. Beating!!!! We did venture out yesterday to CFA and it was not easy. We basically drove 30mph the entire way and skated our way through the parking lot. I was carrying Luke, pushing the stroller all while Jacob is like look Mom I'm sliding!He was loving it. Oy! And CFA was PACKED!! I heard one Mom say she had been there for 2 hours already. At least we got out of the house and it broke the day up. We had 2 blackouts on Tuesday but thankfully they only lasted about 15 minutes each. Crazy, isn't it??

    Hopefully our Texas winter will be back soon. I'm convinced now more than ever that I could never live anywhere north of Texas! It's just too cold!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! Me, too! I'm ready for the warm Texas weather I love!!! Glad you have a good battery on that laptop! LOL! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a few short blackouts here too. Nothing too long. Makes you realize how much you really do use electricity in all you do!

    I'm so ready for normal weather again too. The snow is beautiful but it sure does make you feel confined. And I have a little boy that does not do well not being able to get out of the house!

    Looks like your kiddos did a nice job of staying entertained during the blackouts.

    I'm with Katherine, I could never live up north. I hate being all bundled up and wet from the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe all of the power outages you guys are having! That's crazy! Thank goodness for the modern-day conveniences of laptops and iPhones. Helps a momma stay sane! Hope you all are feeling better and are staying warm despite losing your heat here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are wonderful! Great to hear that you all had a splendid time together in this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete